Reverse pull front drum brake

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Stebbelaner
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

Good or bad idea to convert my standard set up to get better braking?
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I have done this on both the sidecar and solo scooters and braking is improved considerably.
Stebbelaner

Thanks Tractorman👍
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

Is this a good idea I live in a country that will fail anything not original [London to Southern Spain]I have got fed up of removing my disc every 2 years just to get through the test[sitting on my workbench doing nothing]I have 2 lambrettas a rt195 and a rt230 engine rebuilt for me by lambretta locomociones Spain[absolutely bang on] I have jockeys in the rear but standard at the front not a touch on my Disc any Ideas for better braking
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Works great. LI can is better than GP cam.
Warkton Tornado No.1

hendy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 pm Works great. LI can is better than GP cam.
Is that because the earlier cams offer greater feel? Before I could afford a hydraulic brake (MSC) for racing, I ran a TV175 S2 drum with reverse pull & the later shoes & cam. It was really good but needed great care in the wet.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Warkton Tornado No.1 wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:23 pm
hendy wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:33 pm Works great. LI can is better than GP cam.
Is that because the earlier cams offer greater feel? Before I could afford a hydraulic brake (MSC) for racing, I ran a TV175 S2 drum with reverse pull & the later shoes & cam. It was really good but needed great care in the wet.
Yes, it is. The gp cam is thinner and counter-intuitively gives more shoe movement per degree of lever travel. So, the shoes sort of 'slam' onto the drum. With the LI cam, they offer loads of feel and power. Better than a disc and cheap as chips.

I wish I could put one on my s2, but I'm determined to keep it factory original.

Sorry for tardiness in replying :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information