lambretta 290 rotax

Anything related to Lambretta or Vespa Scooters fitted with LC, Motorcycle and/or Auto engines!
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

just a little update, this has been on the road now for 2 years which sort of surprised me, biggest fault ive had in that time has been the exhaust cracking, ive had a few electrical issues which ive addressed now, but it developed a few oil leaks, rear hub bearing and kickstart shaft which made me think I had a problem so I did a leakdown test and sure enough main seals have failed, so ive done a quick rebuild, new bearings and seals and rings as well, did a bit of work on the packer plate to match the ports better and ive done a bit of work on the inlet, I have also added a flexi joint the the exhaust to try and fix the splitting issue. I have also altered 2 of the exhaust mounts as well, time will tell if it cures the cracking, road test was fine seems very responsive.
ImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr
ImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

I'd be interested to hear if you notice any change/reduction in vibration with that flexi joint.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

holty

GeorgeS wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:35 pm I'd be interested to hear if you notice any change/reduction in vibration with that flexi joint.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
it rides just the same, sounds the same, but the exhaust has not been a problem since the flexi was fitted, simple fix to a troublesome problem.
holty

not a lot to report since my last post, other than i have had it down the dragstrip at york raceway which is at melbourne, ive been twice upto now and hope to go again once more this year. met some very helpful scooter riders who have given me a few tips and help, i have not crashed it or broken it yet so well pleased, its only a half track at the moment, and that is 1/8 of a mile rather than the full 1/4 of a mile as most drag strips are, it has only just re-opened this year as the track was worn out, after a lot of fundrasing they had enough money to plane it down and lay a new short track of tarmac, its planned to get the full lot done by next year i think. my best time upto now is 9.19 and top speed of 75mph is my fastest as well. hardest part has been getting the front wheel to stay down, and getting second gear after first, i have had 3rd a couple of times and neutral as well, although i have improved over time.
RManson
Main scooter: Jet 200

Sounds like you're giving it a proper beating Holty, good for you!
holty

ImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr[/img]
TED CRUD

Hi ,Holty is the cooling still under control ? and have you had any issues ?
Cheers
Smash Ya Pastie
Washington Posse s.c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrBpNEjkuLY
holty

TED CRUD wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:27 pm Hi ,Holty is the cooling still under control ? and have you had any issues ?
Cheers
not had any problems with cooling at all, i am pleased to say
holty

Hi folks, not been an update for a while so thought i had better add to my post, been drag racing/sprinting again at melbourne on sunday and had a very good day, set several personal bests though the day with my best run being 8.61 for the 1/8 of a mile which i am very pleased with, i have had to uprate the clutch to 8 plates to stop it slipping at top speed, still using as a road scooter as well for club night on a wednesday, i also went to scunthorpe rally the day before and darrel taylor was there with his dyno, so i had a go and it did 44.5 bhp which is more power than its ever had, and ive changed nothing other than my cdi when it failed last month, so very happy. pics are of me and mike pacey, probably the fastest ts1 in the country.
[codeImageUntitled by stephen holt, on Flickr][/code]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information