Lambretta Workshops In The Northwest.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
MightyGem
Main scooter: Lambretta

Zootscoot in Warrington shutdown last year(Geoff decided it was time to retire).

Does anyone know of places in the Liverpool/Manchester area that do Lambretta servicing/repairs/spares etc?
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Hi fella

Try North West Scoots in Warrington

I don’t think they have been open long, but run by road garn scooterists.

Hope that helps

Cgt75b 😎
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

Mike Phoenix Scooters, Denton, Manchester.
MightyGem
Main scooter: Lambretta

cgt75b wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:25 am Hi fella

Try North West Scoots in Warrington

I don’t think they have been open long, but run by road garn scooterists.

Hope that helps

Cgt75b 😎
Excellent! Thanks for that. Don't have a need at the moment, but you never know.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

Not sure if Barry Turner is still going. He had a unit in Ellesmere Port. He is 'The Man' when it comes to knowledge around any model. He used to work at Len Turners in Rock Ferry back in the day when he was a young 'un. A pukka Lambretta trained mechanic. I bought my first Jet 200 from Turners in the 1970's and Barry serviced it and repaired it when needed. I also bought a project Li 150 S3 about 20 years ago which he imported from Italy. Always ready to advise and always on the money with his fault diagnosis. A good bloke to deal with. Not sure if he is still around as I've been out of the UK for so many years now.
Andy_S
Main scooter: SIL Lambretta GP200

Barry Turner (Scooter Warehouse) is still going in his unit in Ellesmere Port.
As above, a good bloke to deal with and very knowledgeable.
Best to call him first as I'm not sure of his opening hours during the current lockdown.
TEL: 0151 356 8384
MOB: 07940 915190
Scooter Warehouse, 61 Merseyton Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 2AW.
Cav

Andy_S wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:32 am Barry Turner (Scooter Warehouse) is still going in his unit in Ellesmere Port.
As above, a good bloke to deal with and very knowledgeable.
Best to call him first as I'm not sure of his opening hours during the current lockdown.
TEL: 0151 356 8384
MOB: 07940 915190
Scooter Warehouse, 61 Merseyton Road, Ellesmere Port, CH65 2AW.
Great to hear that Barry is still going strong. One of the best bits of news I've had recently. Thanks for posting Andy.
Cav

This post got me thinking and reminiscing. Who on here (from the North West) remembers Lizzie Smolenz the Rock Ferry Vespa dealers, Turners of Merseyside (see above re Barry Turner), Deeside Scooters in Queensferry, The dealership (sorry can't recall the official name) in the centre of Chester. Jeepers, just visiting those shops was an occasion in itself. Often bumping into friends, sometime enemies too !!....................
Cav

And Marriotts Motorcycles in Birkenhead, where one of the brothers was Scooter friendly, but it was mostly frequented by Greasers (Rockers). A tough and densely populated part of town where lots of Skinheads were always around. Interactions at Marriotts were often 'interesting' to say the least
Cav

Ha it's all coming back now. Tom Loughbridge Motorcyles in Heswall (Tom was a celebrated Manx TT Motorbike rider), they carried a token set of scooter bits to cater for the strong local scooter scene. I recall one Saturday after I'd been kicked off my scoot midweek by some nasty Grebs, recognising the culprits visiting the Shop. After rallying a few locals, we had a great scrap. 'They' were always older than us, but we had bottle and we saw them off good style. Dangerous times :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information