Electronic ignitions

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Whats everyones preferred choice of Ignitions these days ? Getting sick of failed low tensions and pick ups , looking at Varitronic , Vape or the Scootopia ones , any cons / pros ?
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Hi

Scootronics ignitions by Anthony Tambs are excellent quality, having said that I’ve had a Indian electronic ignition on for the past 20 years with not one bit of bother.

I’ll let you decide

Good luck with your decision making

Cgt75b 😎
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Just fitted a vape what a quality kit can’t recommend as I’ve not ran it yet but quality wise excellent and had good reports off people who are running them
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

It wouldn't address the pickup failures but you could resolve the failed LT coil issue by changing to the Readspeed Lukas CDI, which uses the lighting coils to power the ignition. You could even make use of any existing LT failire stators.

I've run one of these for a couple of years and the system has proven very reliable.
paul d
Main scooter: T5 172 Tv 240

Casatronic has been very reliable for me. Positives are reliability, easy starting, quality feel. Negatives are the flywheel holder could be stronger and in my case, brake light on at low revs means very poor headlight. led rear is essential!
Meds1
Main scooter: Lambretta li150s

If you’ve still got the stator buy replacement LT coil and pickups from AT and repair as per his video.
Cheap and works,
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Well thanks for all your replies guys , plenty of food for thought there .
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

paul d wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:33 am Casatronic has been very reliable for me. Positives are reliability, easy starting, quality feel. Negatives are the flywheel holder could be stronger and in my case, brake light on at low revs means very poor headlight. led rear is essential!
Could they have designed a worse flywheel holder?!

I'm right there with you here. Great kit right up to the holder. Haven't had any lighting issues. LED tail, halogen head. No dimming unless I hit the horn at idle.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information