Saying Hello

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
Franksie
Main scooter: None

Having been retired for a year now I have been looking at getting a scooter. I used to have a Vespa 30 years ago and loved it.
Not wanting to get my hands oily thought I would go for a newer retro type. I have started to scour the internet for info hence I am here.
Being quite a big chap I want a 200cc, Quite a few models have taken my eye: Royal alloy Scomadi and even the new V200 Lambretta.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

I would go for a GTS, a friend picked up his new Royal Alloy 300 series 2 look a like this week and already the speedo has stopped working and the ABS light is faulty.
coaster

Tractorman wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:48 am I would go for a GTS, a friend picked up his new Royal Alloy 300 series 2 look a like this week and already the speedo has stopped working and the ABS light is faulty.
+1 for the Vespa GTS but go for a low mileage GTS250i about 2007 year as they seem to have the best build and paint quality. The later 300's suffer very badly from rust apparently. My 07 250 has done about 70k miles and only very superficial rust despite very little maintenance.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information