LI125 With Scootopia 185cc kit

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I had a scootopia sh2/22 and the float was catching on the inside of the float bowl.I bought an original dellorto float and it was much less than a millimeter smaller but I fitted it and the carb has worked ever since.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

Check the inside of the float bowl for any casting obstructions that might affect the float and file them down with a small file.

Other possibilities are blockage from rust in your tank. Pull the pipe off the carb and check there's a continuous flow of fuel. You say some fuel came out but this could be just the contents of the pipe draining out.

Also check you have plenty of fuel, you may have gone onto reserve, or even run out completely. You wouldn't be the first.
vegansydney

I've found that its best to run a drill bit through the swing arm of Scootopia floats before fitting. This ensures it oscillates on the pin without any drag.
Rodders1964
Main scooter: LI125 Series 3

EddieStone wrote:Check the inside of the float bowl for any casting obstructions that might affect the float and file them down with a small file.

Other possibilities are blockage from rust in your tank. Pull the pipe off the carb and check there's a continuous flow of fuel. You say some fuel came out but this could be just the contents of the pipe draining out.

Also check you have plenty of fuel, you may have gone onto reserve, or even run out completely. You wouldn't be the first.
Cheers mate. I'll check that. Fuel flows well, so I know its not an obstruction from the tank. I've ordered a dellorto float so I'll see if that makes a difference.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Rodders1964
Main scooter: LI125 Series 3

UPDATE***

I an original dellorto float and it made no difference. I looked at the timing again and realised I made mistakes. So I set the timing again and it started second kick. Just needs buttoning up now and a test run thanks for all your help. I'm sure I'll be back again.

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information