Hello newbie to the forum

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
andy8688
noob

Hi Guys, I have a 1963 LI125 series 3 Italian. I have decided on doing a full nut and bolt restoration on the scooter, when I was taking the front hub apart I noticed the inside of the drum where the shoes make contact is very worn compared the rear hub, I know most of the braking force is transferred to the front. I am thinking of replacing the hub for a good used one, can I use the later series 3 hub which is slightly different to mine as its an early series 3 or do I look for the same, as I have a later one lying around in the shed. Appreciate your advice guys.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

welcome andy
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Welcome to the forum
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Knucklerash
Main scooter: LML

Hello and welcome
MERB12345
Main scooter: VESPA PX

Hi Guys new to this forum and scooters in general so am always looking for answers to strange questions .

The jetting and setting up vids for the phbh carb were great not that i understand all the info but a lot of it is very useful.

Just an insight into an issue i had this week i have a 125px 1979 ( 210 kit, reed valve induction, standard cut crank 28mm phbh carb the jetting and carb internals bar the 300 needle jet are just what was recommended on the vid so the bike runs ok )

Whilst riding down the road the engine began to scream i shut the throttle off but no joy. I pulled the clutch in but the engine was still screaming i ended up turning the key to shut the scooter down and roll to a stop i then checked the throttle cable but it wasnt that then i noticed a large split in the malossi intake rubber to the reed valve which was obviously sucking in vast amounts of air
once repaired it ran fine again so you live and learn :roll:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information