casa 265 ST

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

next to eden i cant think of another uk dealer that is as experienced with GT products as they are id say they have a proper workshop too ive spent a considerable amount of time over there an trust their capabilities

but sometimes issues can beat even the most experieced of people .

even if all the problems dissapeared overnight with the engine i wouldnt trust or enjoy it thats just my make up and i dont want to spend any more on it . its not been a decision made lightly it was in restoration for nearly 2 years an its been away another 6 months now . prior to being at dezs, i had to consult a solicitor to recover the scooter from medway scooters after the frame an body had been with them 14 months . but even with all that aggro i kept on with the project as wanted to see it through .

but rather than dwell on the failings of the past im hoping for more opinions of actual SST owners . so i can find as much "real world " info as possible before i finally buy a new motor

but thanks for your input
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

wintermod65 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:40 pm next to eden i cant think of another uk dealer that is as experienced with GT products as they are id say they have a proper workshop too ive spent a considerable amount of time over there an trust their capabilities

even if all the problems dissapeared overnight with the engine i wouldnt trust or enjoy it thats just my make up and i dont want to spend any more on it . its not been a decision made lightly it was in restoration for nearly 2 years an its been away another 6 months now . prior to being at dezs, i had to consult a solicitor to recover the scooter from medway scooters after the frame an body had been with them 14 months . but even with all that aggro i kept on with the project as wanted to see it through .

but rather than dwell on the failings of the past im hoping for more opinions of actual SST owners . so i can find as much "real world " info as possible before i finally buy a new motor

May i suggest a chat with Chalky at Replay he pretty well knows the engine better than most pick his brains and you'll probably know as much as you need to know in 1 phone call.
the man don't give a f@@k
kejj

Read carefully around the web. Plenty faulty SST engines around now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
wintermod65

kejj wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:12 pm Read carefully around the web. Plenty faulty SST engines around now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
do you have any links as checked here an lcgb forum most info ive found is about the SSR scuxeria engines not the SST touring version with box pipe
wintermod65

GTFOMWSC wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:42 pm
wintermod65 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:40 pm next to eden i cant think of another uk dealer that is as experienced with GT products as they are id say they have a proper workshop too ive spent a considerable amount of time over there an trust their capabilities

May i suggest a chat with Chalky at Replay he pretty well knows the engine better than most pick his brains and you'll probably know as much as you need to know in 1 phone call.
hi thanks for tip think ive seen his SSR video on youtube i take youre talking casa engines .

watched some vids from a youtuber " kickback garage " about the casings an 5 speed box . just not found much about the whole package .

some may think they are expensive but i dont have kids, smoke , drink much my holidays are usually scooter events so the scooter is my only vice so i dont mind spending on it . its been away coming up to 7 months now , and what with the lockdown an im under nhs "house arrest" for 12 weeks ive put a few quid away .

if i do discover people having issues wit hhe SST i still have the original 150 winter model engine that matches the frame number i can restore , rob miller at simply retro rebuilt my TV173 s3 engine under budget and on time so would use him again for that .
cheers again
eden
Dealer

As my name is mentioned I would just like to clarify that I have had nothing to do with this engine.
I wish I had built it though so as to avoid bad press such as this.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

wintermod65 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 am

hi thanks for tip think ive seen his SSR video on youtube i take youre talking casa engines .

watched some vids from a youtuber " kickback garage " about the casings an 5 speed box . just not found much about the whole package .

some may think they are expensive but i dont have kids, smoke , drink much my holidays are usually scooter events so the scooter is my only vice so i dont mind spending on it . its been away coming up to 7 months now , and what with the lockdown an im under nhs "house arrest" for 12 weeks ive put a few quid away .

if i do discover people having issues wit hhe SST i still have the original 150 winter model engine that matches the frame number i can restore , rob miller at simply retro rebuilt my TV173 s3 engine under budget and on time so would use him again for that .
cheers again
he has ordered and fitted full engines for people from a plug and play to a build up,he also built me a casa 250(not been out yet on it though due to the current circumstances but been dynoed and ready for the road) he's worth calling even if you talk through what you want with it.
the man don't give a f@@k
wintermod65

eden wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:21 pm

As my name is mentioned I would just like to clarify that I have had nothing to do with this engine.
I wish I had built it though so as to avoid bad press such as this

apologies to mention your name then , another person as a potential fixer was mentioned but i didnt see the point in taking it to anyone who isnt familiar with GT products .
ive met numerous owners of scooters built by dez an his team an nobody mentions issues ,
id happily recommend discodez to anyone .

i have the GT engine block ,mag , and side case too and have no issues with these and would recommend them over alternatives ,

if theres bad press it should be for me really ,im the one who selected the gearbox , exhaust ,ignition an ,carb to go with it maybe i should have asked more questions prior to selecting them.

the scooter is still over at dez's , its having a smiths conversion done and front suspension change in addition to the engine issue im sure it will be there a while yet due to current circumstances .

im not sure exactly how close you are to dezs place distance wise but if you want to take a look at it to see if you think you could identify the cause im happy to pay for that .
wintermod65

GTFOMWSC wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:18 pm
wintermod65 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 1:03 am

cheers again
he has ordered and fitted full engines for people from a plug and play to a build up,he also built me a casa 250(not been out yet on it though due to the current circumstances but been dynoed and ready for the road) he's worth calling even if you talk through what you want with it.
thanks again for the info , good luck with your 250 hopefully youll be able to enjoy it soon
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

wintermod65 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:59 pm
eden wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:21 pm
wintermod65 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 8:40 pm

if theres bad press it should be for me really ,im the one who selected the gearbox , exhaust ,ignition an ,carb to go with it maybe i should have asked more questions.
How are you responsible for any bad press, or the kit not performing well? As mentioned on here all the time ‘ each motor is different and what works for one , may not work for another’. Therefore surely it would make sense for aftermarket kits to work with different parts from other manufacturers to account for varying factors within each kit / motor. I’ve read through this spread and I’ve not seen you knock the GT kit in an unfair manner. You are simply giving your opinion on a kit you’ve had trouble with. Anything that is manmade can and on occasions will go wrong. It’s therefore not impossible that you’ve got a faulty kit. Don’t feel guilty about voicing your honest opinion of something you’ve sunk time and money into. If I were you I’d go with something new. I’d only advise you do a whole lot of research 1st though. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information