Carb

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
Jim567
Main scooter: Lambretta series2

Can someone tell me why I can not start my scoot with out putting my hand over carb mouth ?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

i would start with cleaning the carb internals especially the choke and pilot jets clean them and make sure all holes are clear then make sure the choke is closing off fully
Jim567

Thanks Garry I’ll give it a go in the morning jim
Nannan56andgrandad54
Main scooter: Lambi

Did you have any joy with your carb, definitely sounds like a blocked jet to me or the choke is sized, the way to tell is if it starts and runs once it's warm it's the choke, if it will not run properly when warm it's jets , remove your carb and strip, clean and clean out jets with a piece of copper wire and blow them out.. I once fitted a brand new carb and the engine would not run properly and when I looked inside the main jet was blocked by a small piece of aluminium from the machining during manufacture. I got there in the end and that was a brand new jetex carb..
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard - try your question in the tech section though
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Nannan56andgrandad54

I replied but it went nowhere I hope this forum isn't difficult to use because I am very knowledgeable about lambrettas but alas I am a dummy with websites sorry I could help a lot of people..
Jim567

Sorry all didn’t get chance to play today will keep you posted ps hope everyone is in good health stay safe
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

rosscla wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:28 am Welcome aboard - try your question in the tech section though
I second that... and welcome.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Nannan56andgrandad54

Carb = SHORT FOR CARBURETTOR. THIS IS THE COMPONENT ON AN ENGINE THAT MIXES THE PETROL WITH AIR BEFORE INDUCTION AT A PREFFERED RATIO OF 15:1 BY WEIGHT. IN AMERICA THEY ARE OFTEN REFERRED TO AS MIXERS.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi and welcome, is this on a lambretta ? a common fault is the choke cable not fitted correctly, what carb is it ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information