How tight engine bolt nuts ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
operonalan
Main scooter: tv200

Probably on here somewhere but can’t find it in any search .

How tight should your main engine Bolt nuts be ...running 230 cc Monza engine ...too tight or too slack would be a Potential source of vibration / poor handling ?

Thanks
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

I don’t think it’s an exact science but I found if to tight I get a bit to much vibration, so tighten up and back off slightly works for me.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

However tight you fasten them,make sure you fit the rear shocker first.If you tighten them first,when you lift the engine to fit the rear shocker the rubber inside the silent blocks will be stretched.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Sticky's new manual recommends 50ftlds.
operonalan
Main scooter: tv200

Thanks for that .... no figure in the red or orange editions ....👍
coaster

I was going to say Tight but make that Fekin Tight if you are using offset cones
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Yes what coaster said - the inner shell should pull in against the cone and compress into the frame - with concentric cones it's not the end of ten world if they rotate a bit - though they shouldn't - with offset cones you do not want them to turn under any circumstances.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
coaster

rosscla wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:40 pm Yes what coaster said - the inner shell should pull in against the cone and compress into the frame - with concentric cones it's not the end of ten world if they rotate a bit - though they shouldn't - with offset cones you do not want them to turn under any circumstances.
A smear of bearing lock fluid is a good idea too but not too much as you dont want it to get on the bolt.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information