Scawalbe Sportsman tyres

FREE tuning and maintenance info, plus links to our original tuning pages that started it all off.
shaunmc
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

Have you done a lot of riding in the wet on you're Scootsmarts.
The reason I ask is I've been using Scootsmarts for a couple of years and had no reason to doubt them until coming back from Cleethorpes last year, while riding a long slow bend (in heavy rain) the bike was snakin from side to side as if I had a puncture, correct tyre pressures in both tyres(pumped up before I set off), didn't fill me with confidence. But in the dry can't fault them, apart from low wear on rear tyre which is the same as any soft compound tyre. Just wondered if many other riders experienced similar problems in wet weather.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

Only just picked up on this thread as quite new to this forum. Bit surprised and concerned as I have one fitted on the rear of one of my scoots. The others I have are all Continental white wall. Nice tyres but they are very low speed rated (about 62mph I think). I like white walls. Can anyone recommend a good white wall rated for 70mph+. I'm in Australia but postage costs have become a fact of life so doesn't matter where they are located.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information