ScootRS front pepperpot hub studs and Sip Rims

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
TimTS1
Main scooter: Lambretta LI225 TS1

I've seen a few threads on a similar subject but have not seen a solution that workds for me

I've got a ScootRS front disc setup, but the pepperpot hub has sunken allen head wheel studs. I can get the studs out of the hub easy enough, but they are not long enough to mount my new SIP rims. I need the same bolts but longer, cant find them anywhere. The SIP studs that come with the new wheel rims stand too proud of the hub as they are hex head and foul the caliper. It's a close thing, another mm and the SIP studs would probably work.
Anyone found a solution to the same problem?
I've been quoted silly money to have 4 new studs machined from scratch.
Other option is the pepperpot front hub that Beedspeed sell for £65, but need to make sure it comes with long enough studs to mount the sip rims.
Scoot is a LI225 S3 TS1.
Tim.
gaz_powell

Would a domed socket head bolt not do the job ?
chippy

Most online hardware companies like westfiield fasteners do button head 33mm length bolts which is the length pm tuning send. I have used these on a pm tuning disc with sip rims. If i remember they were high tensile steel as stainless is too brittle. Cost wise less than a fiver
TimTS1
Main scooter: Lambretta LI225 TS1

Thanks guys, will go check out Westfield fasteners, but regular bolts stand too proud of the disk and foul the caliper. I've got plenty of M8 bolts of all types and sizes. The current bolts sit in the recess on the disc. The actual head of the bolts is only 1mm deep so that they fit flush to the disc surface. The rest of the allen head is sunken in the shaft of the bolt. The top is like an M9/M10 reverse thread which then steps down to the M8 shaft for the wheel nuts. I might have to file the top of the already very shallow hex bolts that came with the sip rims.
Tim.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information