Welcome to the 21st Century

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Finally I've bit the bullet and swapped my trusty 22mm Dell'orto for a 25mm PHBL. I've always run standard carbs previously. But finally I fitted a kit that needs a bigger carb, and what a difference it makes. It just feels better all round. It remains to be seen if it is any less economical, but to be honest it's probably worth it for the improved quality of the ride.
chippy

Well done. Sometimes we have to move on. :lol: maybe an expansion box in a few years but one step at a time
Doom Patrol

Doesn't a standard carb feel stiff afterwards though? I jumped on another scooter and I thought there was something wrong. The smoothness of the throttle on the PHBL just makes riding so much nicer.
hat
Main scooter: SX150/ Mugello 186

what are the benefits of a PHBL over a PHBH?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

hat wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:20 am what are the benefits of a PHBL over a PHBH?
It's basically the same carb with a smaller body.

Phbl is normally 25mm although 24mm is available.

Phbl is larger body in 26, 28 and 30mm variants.
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

hat wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:20 am what are the benefits of a PHBL over a PHBH?
They are more suited to running through the airbox however you may need to drill the airbox to get enough air through.
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

I don't know why anyone would choose anything other than a pH type carb either standard or tuned, they're just brilliant! Love em
Doom Patrol

ktmh5 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:36 am
They are more suited to running through the airbox however you may need to drill the airbox to get enough air through.
I'm running one through a standard airbox. Not drilled at all. Although I do use the BGM filter.
Muttley McLadd

Doom Patrol wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:15 pm Finally I've bit the bullet and swapped my trusty 22mm Dell'orto for a 25mm PHBL. I've always run standard carbs previously. But finally I fitted a kit that needs a bigger carb, and what a difference it makes. It just feels better all round. It remains to be seen if it is any less economical, but to be honest it's probably worth it for the improved quality of the ride.
It's a slippery slope. Next it'll be indicators.. before you know it, a filthy auto will have a place in your garage, and you self respect will be a thing of the past :lol:
CakeAndArseParty
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

What's wrong with indicators?

And the Ph range are so last century ;-)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information