NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
lambretta4202
Main scooter: LI 150 and P 200 E

Hi I'm Rick my main scooter is a 1964 LI 150 really looking forward to making friends here and learning. Does anyone know anything about getting scooters from Vietnam? I have been looking at two Websites; Empire Scooters and Antique Scooters, I've been saving up for another Lambretta but not sure if they are genuine or dodgy. Can anyone help or give me advice on a possible purchase from these companies. Cheers Rick.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Hi Rick. Welcome to the forum.

Not had any personal experience of buying, or owning a Vietnamese scooter, but, from what I have read, and seen pics of, over the years, I would be very wary! They look great from the advertising pics, and cheap, but most/many, appear to be cobbled together from any available components they can find, or make!
lambretta4202
Main scooter: LI 150 and P 200 E

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the assistance I have recently spoken to one of the companies briefly. They said years ago when Vietnam was closed to imports they had to improvise but these days they can get parts brought in from other countries. So they assured me that the bikes they restore now are up to MOT standard I just want to get a warm cuddly feeling before I commit.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard, you should be quite careful of buying stuff 'sight unseen' - the camera can lie.

There are loads of decent dealers who can supply you a project scooter or a completely restored one here in the UK. It depends what you want. There's also plenty of second hand scooters already in the country that won't need import duties and VAT paying on the price.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information