Legshield beading

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
heisenbretta
Main scooter: 125 Special

Hi guys, currently working on a TV series 2 and trying to put everything back together but I struggle with an aesthetic problem...
I bought 2 different rubber for the legshield and none of them make me happy first one is candy stripe style but once on it looked twisted and not the way it should (tried to move it so that it would look straight but didn't work).
So I bought a second one at a local dealer (here in Belgium) and I assume it is a Casa lambretta (no wrapping when I got it), this one is softer but the inner lip isn't round and a bit pointy so it doesn't fit either... It doesn't "stick" on both sides and on top it looks a bit wavy in some parts...
Any idea where to find something that would look like the original ? (Round lip, not too soft not too hard...)
heisenbretta

I forgot to say: the second one was grey and not a candy stripe one (gave up about the candy stripe because the stripes make it look even more twisted)...
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

To be honest I haven't had much luck finding any here in the UK either. Closest I've got was some cheap Indian beading, funnily enough. It's just the channels that are the problem. They don't fit the lip.
heisenbretta

Thanks for you answer ! Anybody tried the Scootopia ones ? (Even if their others rubber parts are a bit too hard for the ones I ordered I have to say...)
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I like Scootopia, but their leg shield beading is awful, to be honest. I think the channel is cut completely wrong. I had a couple of sets and couldn't get them to fit at all.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Hi

I have black leg shield beading on my series 2 which was bought from scooter restorations in Nottingham, no issues with it what so ever.

Couldn’t recommend them highly enough on service and product.

I hope that helps

Cgt75b.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information