Casa Kit on 6 volts?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

HxPaul wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:04 pm I run a Casa 185 kit with a 22mil Scootopia carb.I run it through an undrilled airbox using an ordinary filter element.I also have a 5899 - 2 atomiser,but with a 48 pilot jet, a 50 choke and a 130 main jet.
Didn't drill my air box either, and as you, still on ordinary filter element. Seems to be 'breathing' okay at moment, so fingers crossed!

Did you do any 'running in' Paul, or just go for it from the off?
johnny650 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:11 pm
Martin20 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:35 pm Hi Johnny,
Nice to hear from you, and glad, after all your issues towards the end of last year, you are now up and running!

As I have mentioned in my post yesterday, really pleased with the Casa kit. I was expecting to have to go 12 volt, but, touch wood, all seems fine. Running the 22mm dellorto, with a 200 slide, 5899-2 atomiser 45 pilot, 50 choke, and 118 main!

Not sure if there is a need to 'run the kit in', so going to do plenty of local runs, up and down the gears, and no WOT, for a couple of hundred miles, just in case!

Keep well mate!
cheers martin.
not been on for a while as I nearly had a mental breakdown with the blasted scoot :lol: In the end it came down to cutting out all the cheapskate Heath Robinson lashups stuff I'd done and putting in some proper components :roll:

Glad to hear that you have the kit fitted and you are pleased with the extra performance.
Sounds like a very sensible running in proceedure ...mine was very similar ,interspersed with the occasional 'Yee haw hooligan moment' :D

Are you using a 42mm Clubman or have you stayed with the standard box ? I'm finding my clubman very noisy especially as I have just a foam filter in the original air box.

If you have a camera I'd be interested to see some video of how yours is running now.
all the best Johnny
Yes, using the AF Clubman. Noisier than my standard, but not too bad!

What camera did you use for your video last year? Would like to do one of a run, but not wanting to spend too much, and not sure which to get!
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Did you do any 'running in' Paul, or just go for it from the off

There are no running in instructions with the kit so I just took it easy for the first 100 miles.
Martin20

HxPaul wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:26 pm Did you do any 'running in' Paul, or just go for it from the off

There are no running in instructions with the kit so I just took it easy for the first 100 miles.
👍
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Martin20 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:17 pm
What camera did you use for your video last year? Would like to do one of a run, but not wanting to spend too much, and not sure which to get!
I use a Mobius which is very compact and HD quality video. You can attach to your computer and configure it to do various file formats and video quality and also stills , timelapse etc . They are a bit expensive though ...

Basically any action /dash cam that supports 1080 HD quality video will do and there are some very cheap ones out there now on ebay etc

Decide first how you are going to attach the camera because that will determine the type of camera you need . I first tried attaching to my helmet and that is awful Every time you look too the right at junctions or look at anything the video jerks away and makes difficult viewing for the viewer. Helmet cams also have a lot of annoying wind noise.

Attaching to the scoot is better for keeping a stable consistent view but vibration can spoil the video quality

best solution of all I've found is to attach a small hand grip or clamp to the camera and fit it into the top pocket of your jacket. The cam is protected from both wind noise and vibration and stays facing the same way for the whole journey.

Techmoan on youtube has reviewd dozens of action cams and is the best source of information to help you decide.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Techmoan/s ... ction+cams
johnny650

Martin20 wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:19 pm Just a quick update for anyone who may be interested!
Fitted kit on Sunday, on 6 volts, with a Dellorto 22mm carb, and an AF 42mm exhaust. Absolutely love it. Been out today, and it has transformed scoot. Flew up hills in 4th, which it struggled to get up in 3rd with old top end! Loads of low down grunt. Did not open it up fully, but feels like it will have plenty top speed for my needs.
Might upgrade clutch, as I detected a little clutch slip when kicking over. Think I will try some upgraded springs first, as corks were new last Autumn!
Happy for now!😁
I missed this post martin when i answered previously. That sounds like you now have a great performance that you wanted .
looking forward to seeing a video of one of your rides.
Heres a vid of my last test run before setting the idle speed and mixture setting and strobing the timing . I was supposed to be running it in so I didn't give it the beans but it seems to running quite well .
[youtube]https://youtu.be/wAvRfYK_HrI[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/wAvRfYK_HrI
Martin20

Sounds good Johnny!

Ordered a 'cheapie' pocket cam this afternoon. Only 2mp, so not expecting super quality, but it supports 1080 HD, so worth a try for just shy of 15 quid! 😁
johnny650

1080 is adequate I find. Any videos that are uploaded to youtube are processed and reduced to a lower quality anyway.

Let me know when you have uploaded a video I'd like to see how your 185cc worked out .
I find Windows Movie maker 2.6 is a very good easy to use video editing software and its free to download from Microsoft .
https://windows-movie-maker-vista.jaleco.com
this is a free file converter in case you have to convert the camera file format into WMV for Windows media Player and to upload to youtube
https://www.videohelp.com/software/File-Converter
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information