SIP Speedo set up.

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

New build just done and I have set up the speedo with the correct wheel diameter.

The speedo shows under half the speed.

Its using an external sensor with a magnet epoxied to the front wheel and I think the speed difference may have something to do with speedo drive ratio on the speedo.

Does anyone know what it should be set to?
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

there are 2 settings for it you need to go onto setting 2 on the revs part you'll notice it will only say 4000 revs when it should read 8000 or something like that anyway but it is the 2nd setting there that you need to change.
the man don't give a f@@k
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Got to disagree, the revs setting has bugger all to do with the speed setting. You have to tell the speedo you are using the external sensor rather the cable (referred to as internal from memory) then you have to tell it how many pulses per wheel revolution ( if you have one magnet I expect it should be one, I don't use a magnet just the wheel studs so in my case it was 4). Once you have got it just about right you can fine tune by varying the circumference value. There are a couple of Youtube videos if you're still stuck.
GTFOMWSC

Minority wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 am Got to disagree, the revs setting has bugger all to do with the speed setting. You have to tell the speedo you are using the external sensor rather the cable (referred to as internal from memory) then you have to tell it how many pulses per wheel revolution ( if you have one magnet I expect it should be one, I don't use a magnet just the wheel studs so in my case it was 4). Once you have got it just about right you can fine tune by varying the circumference value. There are a couple of Youtube videos if you're still stuck.
not on mine it wasn't i did what i put and it was then correct so i'll stick with what i said as when i first set it it only said 4000 revs and i knew i was going faster than 40mph so changed it to the other setting and it then read 6000 revs at 60mph and has since read at 8000 revs 80mph.Funny enough i have 3 sip speedos and have set them all the same way and they all do exactly what they are supposed to do and yes all are done with magnets not cable 2 by the back wheel and 1 on the front.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

GTFOMWSC wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:36 pm
Minority wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:13 am Got to disagree, the revs setting has bugger all to do with the speed setting. You have to tell the speedo you are using the external sensor rather the cable (referred to as internal from memory) then you have to tell it how many pulses per wheel revolution ( if you have one magnet I expect it should be one, I don't use a magnet just the wheel studs so in my case it was 4). Once you have got it just about right you can fine tune by varying the circumference value. There are a couple of Youtube videos if you're still stuck.
not on mine it wasn't i did what i put and it was then correct so i'll stick with what i said as when i first set it it only said 4000 revs and i knew i was going faster than 40mph so changed it to the other setting and it then read 6000 revs at 60mph and has since read at 8000 revs 80mph.Funny enough i have 3 sip speedos and have set them all the same way and they all do exactly what they are supposed to do and yes all are done with magnets not cable 2 by the back wheel and 1 on the front.
Once again I've got to disagree. The SIP speedo rev counter function gets it's information from the AC waveform generated by the stator. The different settings for the rev counter function are to accommodate the different types of stator/flywheel combinations with different magnet/coil setups (eg variatronic as opposed to Indian/Ducati/BGM). The setup for the speedometer function is totally independent of the rev counter function.
Fux

I have set it at 1 puls but still shows a lot slower that it should. Maybe my senser is picking up studs too as I have it pointing at my disk (lammy)

If its triggering on the screws it should realy read 5 times per revolution though.

I`ll have a play again this weekend and can take off the magnet and set it to 4.

I didn`t actualy know there was two types of sensor as the one I have on my other scoot just pulses of the magnet but I think the one I have on this scoot with the blue light will trigger on any metal?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

I use these fit straight on Speedo drive set to internal and no messing with magnets torbay lambretta £30Image

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Fux

I have one of those but the speedo drive on the scoot rs disk is feked, so thats why I bought the sensor type .. haha
Fux

Damn it, Im still stuck on this. top speed is 15km/h!

The sensor blinks once at a full turn of the wheel, wheel dimention is 1301, P is set at 1.
GTFOMWSC

Fux wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:24 pm Damn it, Im still stuck on this. top speed is 15km/h!

The sensor blinks once at a full turn of the wheel, wheel dimention is 1301, P is set at 1.
can only suggest trying it on the back wheel,mine are aroldited to one of the hub studs and work perfectly without any issues at all.I have the wired sensor through the jack point and approx just under 10mm away from the magnet
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information