help needed to wire up complicated set up

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

I need help to wire up my latest build,it's totally non standard so a wiring guru is needed,scoot is near Harbury Warwickshire.breakdown of what i need wiring is as follows with spec of scoot.Currently on a workbench as front end is not yet finished so has to done in situ.
Scoot is a RB225 full racer bodied drop handlebars and rearsets full motorbike style fairing
1.Variatronic ignition
2.Battery
3.Motorcycle bars with motorcycle light/indicator/horn combi switch.
4.LED indicators
5.Twin headlight,twin rear LED backlight
6.Ignition is down at the rear
7.Rearset brake light

What i have are about 6 wiring looms that can be chopped/cut/mutilated to suit,can get any wiring clips etc etc needed just need to know which ones required,so if anyone can do this please help can be contacted on Daz 07973871139 or dwillo2001@btinternet.com but need to do it urgently so i can finish the scoot.
the man don't give a f@@k
GTFOMWSC

Also forgot to add a sip digital speedo with fuel guage etc etc needs to be hooked in.
GTFOMWSC

well nobody came forward so me and a mate had a go ourselves all i can say is piece of p**s
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

1,2,5,6 and 7 all are very straight forward. Just look at the diagram that comes with a varitronic it pretty much spells it out.

Rear ignition switch, sounds like a Serveta. If yes then it’s a 2 wire switch with 1 in/1out for each wire (Battery and kill wires).

3&4 MC bars and switches? That could be off of anything. Once you have the wiring figured out for the switches that should cover the indicators. The first thing I’d want to know is what did they come off of and who has the schematics?

Not to sound harsh here but you’re building a completely custom and complex wiring system. You’re going to have to make a custom loom and there’s going to be some hours (£) spent of figuring it out.
GTFOMWSC

Grumpy225 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:55 pm 1,2,5,6 and 7 all are very straight forward. Just look at the diagram that comes with a varitronic it pretty much spells it out.

Rear ignition switch, sounds like a Serveta. If yes then it’s a 2 wire switch with 1 in/1out for each wire (Battery and kill wires).

3&4 MC bars and switches? That could be off of anything. Once you have the wiring figured out for the switches that should cover the indicators. The first thing I’d want to know is what did they come off of and who has the schematics?

Not to sound harsh here but you’re building a completely custom and complex wiring system. You’re going to have to make a custom loom and there’s going to be some hours (£) spent of figuring it out.
about £6,2hrs one evening and chopped up 3 old looms for bits and no it wasn't a spanish ignition used a normal one from af.Found the easiest bit was wiring in the SIP stuff that took all of 15 mins.The bike switch was 10 mins once we'd sussed which colour wires were for the indicators,horn and lights.After that everything was easy only pain was when testing the twin led rear light(without the lense on) i was looking directly at it and it near enough blinded me lol.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Right on, those SIP speedos are pretty easy and the rest of it is exactly what I would have done. Dig out the meter and start ringing things out. It just takes time and careful notes.

Sounds like a pretty wild build. Let’s see it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information