Nano coat ?

Anything related to paint & bodywork issues on scooters....
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

Has anyone used this type of thing ??
https://www.drbeasleys.com/nano-resin-kit.html

I've finished a spray job and am a bit unhappy with the very small orange peel effect I`ve got in the clear coat . There's 3 coats on there . I don`t want to wet sand and risk breaking through as I've started to put the bike back together .
The thing is , some parts I had wet sanded the clear after a reaction and rescued are now really high gloss ,. These look a bit off when put next to the same colour with the orange peel in it .
Some parts I wet sanded after a reaction and broke through and had to re-colour coat and clear coat , I cant face doing that on the panels and legsheilds again . :oops:
I`m basically looking for a shortcut as the orange peel looks really ok on the large panels.
I could clear coat spray the horncast again and deliberately go for the orange peel look ...ha !!
It looks miles worse in the pics than it does in the flesh

nellyboyo

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rosscla

Bit of gentle T cut?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
nellyboyo

Maybe??

Mark97
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

OK I see a TV200. Which sort of magnifies what I was going to add.

If you dont strip it back down and do the job again - properly without the orange peel - every time you look at it, it will drive you crazy.

Do it now before you go any further - do it properly or it will drive you crackers.

How often do you get the chance to restore/rebuild a TV200 - and whilst you may be building it for yourself - the first time you hear someone comment "shame about the orange peel paintwork"...........
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Mark97 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:11 pm OK I see a TV200. Which sort of magnifies what I was going to add.

If you dont strip it back down and do the job again - properly without the orange peel - every time you look at it, it will drive you crazy.

Do it now before you go any further - do it properly or it will drive you crackers.

How often do you get the chance to restore/rebuild a TV200 - and whilst you may be building it for yourself - the first time you hear someone comment "shame about the orange peel paintwork"...........
For what it's worth, I am in total agreement with Mark97s post! Personally, I could not live with that finish, especially on such a prestigious scooter, and even though you have got as far as you have, if you do not rectify the issue now, you probably never will!
At the end of the day though, your bike, your call!
Good luck with it, whichever way you choose to go!
nellyboyo

Yes , I know ..... it’s only slung together for now just so I could see how the paintwork looked . Will have a go at gently polishing to clear coat back ... will be in tears if I break through... cheers for the replies

Mark97
Main scooter: Lambretta GP200

How did you get on pal?

Re-spray or polish out/...........
nellyboyo

Well , Thanks for asking ...I`m still doing it...Spent hours on the legsheilds and the front mudgaurd. They`ll both have to be re-done completly . Lots of faults became apparent in the colour once the clear coat had gone back a bit .
Spent more hours again polshing the sidepanels and footboards . They will be acceptable ....not brilliant but pretty good ...

Its a learning curve etc etc ...ha
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information