Noob saying hi!

NEW MEMBER? - You must now introduce yourself here first BEFORE you can post in any other section!

Say hello and let us know a bit about you and what scooter you own, etc...THEN you will be able to post elsewhere.
pheasant plucker
Main scooter: VBB P200

Hey all. Long time listener first time caller. Stoked to get involved - seems like the most legit high-end Vespa tech info site.

I have a VBB 150 (Douglas Sportique) that I was given 25-odd years ago... stuck it in my old man's barn and finally pulled it out to do it up. Proper self-inflicted barn-find now! That was about a year ago and have been chipping away since.

Hooked now... and aiming higher than is sensible. But I figure if you gonna resto... might as well customise at the same time! Keen to turn her into a 'street racer'... German style I guess. Got a wrecked 2005 PX200 to that end.

Image[

I'm at the dry-build stage. VBB has been chem stripped. New floor getting welded on shortly. PK fork for discs. Will start with the frame and running gear - the P200 is running so aim to get her going (and stopping safely) before attacking the power house.

Was happy quietly tinkering in the corner, but am a little stumped on how best to achieve a wide tyre setup. Tried the SIP forum... no response =( Hence I've surfaced and will post my questions here.

Thanks!
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Welcome aboard
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

looks good look forward to this build and welcome
YAMLAM

welcome.
win or lose have a booze
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information