Imola engine - Super Tourer or Race?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Padge
Main scooter: 1969 Lambretta gp

I have an imola (although slightly fettled) running a supertourer and can't fault it, tried a few pipes ( fran race, jl4 both lose too much low down, taffy copy never got in the powerband so tried the supertourer (revs almost as much as the race/jl4 but comes in lower down with much more torque) and its been on 3 years now and I love it
My full set up is fettled imola, supertourer, augusto 6000 ignition box, tmx30, gp200 box (18-46) AF cassette clutch dynoed @ 21.9 BHP and leaves a lot of ts1's and other "big block" kits for dead, but my ts1 is a whole different story, run a jl4 on that and it loves it
Norrie Bodge
Main scooter: GP-1971-Ts230/S2-1960-Ts230

Padge wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:20 pm I have an imola (although slightly fettled) running a supertourer and can't fault it, tried a few pipes ( fran race, jl4 both lose too much low down, taffy copy never got in the powerband so tried the supertourer (revs almost as much as the race/jl4 but comes in lower down with much more torque) and its been on 3 years now and I love it
My full set up is fettled imola, supertourer, augusto 6000 ignition box, tmx30, gp200 box (18-46) AF cassette clutch dynoed @ 21.9 BHP and leaves a lot of ts1's and other "big block" kits for dead, but my ts1 is a whole different story, run a jl4 on that and it loves it

Great post m8
Supertourer it is then ;-)
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

... with the Agusto 6000 unit being the key to the Supertourer bringing back the grunt at low RPM but then allowing it to retard to rev freely and cool at higher RPM. Without the Agusto my Supertourer lost too much low RPM power.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Thanks for all the input guys - I'll make sure he gets a read of it all! Looks like it'll be the SuperTourer which is what he was hoping I think from the beginning.
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information