Beedspeed

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

SO are they still trading or have they gone bust ,only asking cos a pal of mine placed and paid for an order today !
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

I'm not sure either it's a bit like a saga.

I wouldn't purchase jack s**t off them personally, I do hope your pal gets his goods though.

Good luck.

I had used Beedspeed for 20 years plus, very sad to see it dragged through the s**t.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Looks like the LTD company has been wound up / liquidated - there may be ways that they could keep trading after that. Whether that means that they're trying to restructure their business or avoid their creditors remains to be seen.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
nellyboyo

Well, I've had stuff ordered and delivered over the past week ??
Wayne Miller
Main scooter: Vespa 50 Special (Rotax Proto)

I ordered about £30 worth of stuff and got it a couple of days later about a week before Christmas. I wouldn't want to put a BIG order in though, sounds too dodgy at the moment
Stay tuned..............
rosscla

I ordered some stuff, with a bit of a wince, this week and it's arrived all in order this morning.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I'm not really sure why anybody would order from them with their recent track record. There are other dealers available.
rosscla

When you have to deal mail order you want a decent easy to use website (I.e. NOT SIP - which is torture) where you can get most of what you want in one go, with one set of postage costs.

There are lots of Lambretta sites / dealers with good websites and inventory, but I do find it odd that there are very few UK Vespa parts dealers that provide anything like the same functionality or stock.
tony172
Main scooter: vespa t5

Strangely i find the sip website to be a great site to use! And in fact in my opinion sip in general are superior in many ways. But there again im a vespa man and have had lots of practice using the site.
I can understand ifyou're lambretta orientated then it's not very well stocked but there are plenty of shops that sell quality lammy parts without having to wince while pressing BUY on beedies
davla

Well according to Companies House they are in liquidation:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08435162
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information