Mag flange all the same?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fluff34567

Wondering if all the mag flanges are the same or if some are deeper depending on year similar to the flywheel cowl different depths?

I ask as I have a S3 mag cowl with the rubber grommets and to get all the bolt holes lined up It leaves quite a big gap where it meets the cylinder cowl as the rear of the mag cowl has to be moved onwards.

If the lip on the mag cowl was about 1cm deeper it would fit perfectly.
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

a picture or 2 would help explain the problem . Are your mag and engine cowls OEM ? Innocenti ... SIL.... Spanish or aftermarket jobbies ?
I had to do quite a bit of butchery to my S3 cowl to get it to fit right.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I think the S1 is slightly different internally. But as far as I know they all share the same external measurements.
fluff34567

johnny650 wrote:a picture or 2 would help explain the problem . Are your mag and engine cowls OEM ? Innocenti ... SIL.... Spanish or aftermarket jobbies ?
I had to do quite a bit of butchery to my S3 cowl to get it to fit right.
Will get some pics when I'm at the workshop tomorrow. Cowl and mag flange are original innocenti.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

150 mag housings differ from 200 ones not externally though as far as i'm aware,recent new indian ones are a tighter fit than the original italian ones on italian blocks not sure if they are tight on indian blocks though or if the external diameter is different.Cowlings wise several different ones tbh look in stickys book for the differences see which one matches yours even some of the italian ones are pretty poor fitting wise.
the man don't give a f@@k
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

The 150 and 200 maghousing differ only on the cut out on the right side transfer the 150 is smaller and you can dremmel it to fit a 200 but not the other way round

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

The cut out on the right Image

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

The series 1 flange also has a larger diameter outer seal that is accessible from the outside. Sorry just saying.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Scooterdude wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:42 am The series 1 flange also has a larger diameter outer seal that is accessible from the outside. Sorry just saying.
The series 1also has a bearing that is lubricated by petroil,all the rest are grease packed
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

The cylinder cowl can be a deep one to match the deeper mag cowl(SIL)as the flywheel has longer fins.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information