62ML Crank in Avanti???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Wee Marky
Main scooter: TS1 230 Cutdown

Hello Loony Tuners
Has any one got any experience of using a 62ml Crank(looking for 240cc) in the Avanti kit, recently got the Kit and was looking at this route but know the clearance can be tight on frame and it can make the kit a bit peaky, looking for any experience/advice please?
OAP
Dealer

"Clearance" bottom inside edge of the frame loop right hand side. this depends on the frame you are using, it may not be an issue at all. Some Spanish frame have been found that the main engine bar strut has been mounted in different positions, this also applies to Indian. If it is touching the head cowl, frame loop can be trimmed by a few mm on the inside edge, not visible from outside! or you could use "offset cones" fitted at 3 o'clock & glued in position.

"A bit peaky" , Port timing will change to about:- 186 exhaust, 134 transfers, if you do not want a "power band" as such, just choose the right exhaust.
Our new Ex-Box exhaust, tests in the "Real World" on a tuned TS1 have virtually removed the power band in comparison to a race pipe.
czeckson
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

I´m building the same at the moment:
GT 200 casing.
GT crank 62/110.
Crimaz 5-speed.
Avanti TT3 (LTH 3.0 reed intake) 3mm bottom + 1,5mm head spacer.
excenter cones will be used.
due to non fitting BGM V1 box, KRP1 will be used at first.
Wee Marky
Main scooter: TS1 230 Cutdown

Thanks Ron, very helpful Sir, saves me ringing you....just looking at my options, its a Italian S2 frame and not too worried about clearance now as you have pointed out the work arounds, gonna use a 5 Speed box too which should smooth things out a bit...i'm hoping to use a B-Race Stealth pipe I have in garage but not sure yet if it will fit...

Cheers Czeckson, Wow sounds like a fierce build, your going higher spec than me with your reed valve, be really interested to see how you get on

Cheers Gents
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information