KEGRA T5 190 KIT!!!!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
tony
Main scooter: 90ss

If it were me I'd look at stroking this motor before linering barrels to get the magical 190. There must be something out there you can use.. if not I'd get a crank spark eroded on the other side of the webs maybe to move the big end to increase the stroke if there is the material on the webs.. as it is its over square.. boring the thing even more will make it ever more so. 67 over 52 or whatever the stroke is is well... top heavy.. they go well sure.. I've built em.. but imagine how much better with a longer stroke?
Sponsors: Performance Tuning. Ve Uk. Scooter Center Koln. LTH . DRT
Rosi-C9

After finding a calculation error it must be 190,4 ccm by using a crank with exzentric pin and a standard conrod. 8-)
There´s an option to use a modified P2 crank with an 110 mm conrod (56 or 57 mm stroke) but unfortunately only on reed valve.
shamrockexpress

shamrockexpress wrote:Is this kit YAMAHA PISTON?? if so what size of piston does it run and from what model(is it DT)
Is this conversion is a linered barrell probably using a malossi or pinasco cylinder and head ??

thinking of using one so any body out there running one if so what are the plus points!!
thanx in advance.
Ok i have aquired the said talked about kit from a mate who used it to do three rally seasons in the early 90s, he only knows he never changed the rings or maintained it and it finally went bang!!! :flaming: so here it is minus a piston he threw out years ago,, so any ideas what piston???
PINASCO WITH IRON LINER, comparing this to a std t5 barrell there is no difference in port sizes if anything the t5 with smaller bore has more transfer room :roll: :o

PINASCO 67mm head x 15 is this compression ratio??

INFO ON CYLINDER IS BEST 193 is this cc (bore is 65.8mm) also says KR511.... the obvious thing to do is ask kegra which i done but they said they done alot of different kits and to send it off to them,,,,,,,,SO BEFORE I SPEND MY HARD EARNED CONSIDERING THE MINUMIN PORTING IS THIS KIT GOING TO DO ANYMORE THAN THE STANDARD NEW T5 KIT I HAVE BECAUSE I KNOW BLUEPRINTED T5 MOTORS WITH A MICECK OR PM TUNING PIPE DONT HANG ABOUT!!!!!
Rosi-C9

Could this be a help?

Wiseco part catalogue:
Kawasaki
Yamaha
225worb
Main scooter: Vespa 225, Falc , 230 S2

I've just purchased this cylinder and head looks like it hasnt been use for quite a few years and will be going back to Kegra for some fettling..
Does this particular kit need the cases machining??
Cant wait to abuse it.....are they full of fun and speed ??
shamrockexpress

Thats a blast from the past!!!!!!!!!!!! i sold that on eBay a long time ago......good luck.
from memory the transfers were taken out too far but dev con job done by previous owner and no bother used for years. I'm sure it could be just bolted on T5 case of course.
225worb

I did notice the transfers on the base of it, I've been in contact with Graham at kegra and it'll taking a trip for him to give it fettle and new wossner piston.. Can't wait.....
T5-190

I've had two T5 190 cylinders done over the years, both by MB. They both used a Kawasaki/Wiseco jet ski pistons. These are only sold in pairs as the jet ski is a twin cylinder. I have the Wiseco part number written done somewhere if anybody is interested. I contacted Wiseco uk and they said there would be no problem in getting them form the USA. Plenty of over sizes available too. Interestingly I could only get the conversion done using a standard T5 cylinder not a Malossi/Pinasco. Something to do with cylinder wall thickness I seem to remember.
225worb

What will it be like performance wise? Im going to play with the inlet but how much mm should i take off of the web?
My standard tuned T5 i had years ago had 12mm off of the inlet and it worked well with the other mods, But as this is a larger cc can i take more off ?
225worb

What will it be like performance wise? Im going to play with the inlet but how much mm should i take off of the web?
My standard tuned T5 i had years ago had 12mm off of the inlet and it worked well with the other mods, But as this is a larger cc can i take more off ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information