POLINI 210 ALLOY

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
eibargum
Main scooter: Vespa PX210 Polini

Iam picking one up tomorrow & wondered if anyone had any regrets or tips to share, it'll be going on standard crank, carb, & clutch, but with a SIP Road 2, cheers.
joeythescooterboy

Had the old iron 207 on standard carb with SIP 2 and Kytronic, loved it.
Now got the alloy 210 but with 60mm and love it even more, no regrets having been a Malossi man for years.
Nemo saltat sorbius, nisi infanus est.
eibargum

I,v fitted it now Joey, ported casings to suit but had to remove head gasket to get the squish something like, running at 19 degrees. The only ball ache was fitting the circlips holding the gudgeon pin in :? , How many miles on yours now and how many did you do to run it in, cheers.
joeythescooterboy

Did about 2 tanks worth on 3% shitty mineral oil, drained tank and been on 2% fully synth since......... done about 3000 over the summer and it's gone well even though quite rich.
Fitted an AF meter a few hundred miles ago so dialling jetting in much better now but that's on a 28 delly.
freakmoped

round piston skirt and the windows ij the cylinder foot

The asso piston is ou of the 80ies, the weakest of all 200cc kits and likes. To break
Checkout my fb page for more. Info and nice pics of cracked asso pistons
www.freakmoped.at
Utube channel

Wer nur in die Fussstapfen anderer tritt, hinterlässt keine eigenen Spuren....
eibargum

joeythescooterboy wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:58 pm Did about 2 tanks worth on 3% shitty mineral oil, drained tank and been on 2% fully synth since......... done about 3000 over the summer and it's gone well even though quite rich.
Fitted an AF meter a few hundred miles ago so dialling jetting in much better now but that's on a 28 delly.
What percentage CO out of the pipe do you consider to be safe for that kit Joey.
joeythescooterboy

Sorry kid, only just seen this............
Aiming at around 12.5 throughout rev range checking at 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 and WOT.
Quite surprised that I've come down from a 140 to a 128 main and still rich but too bad.
Not been out on it for a while so not been playing with jetting.
eibargum

Cheers Joey, when I used to dyno my kitted Lammys I noticed the operator aimed for around 7% CO, I do have a gas analyser at my disposal being a gas fitter, after I,v run it in I,ll pop it up the pipe and see what it reads. Got a 125 in mine Joey, too rich with a 128 in, not chopped it with the 125 in but I suspect it might be on the lean side as its running very sweet, I need to source a 126 & 127.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Hi, I'm about to fit on on my Rally. To get enough clearance to lift the cylinder off, do I have to take engine right out, or, can I just remove the engine bolt and swing the engine out a bit. Leaving all the cables in place.

Cheers
David
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
eibargum

On my PX I took the head off, removed all 4 engine bolts then took barrel off, would this work on your rally.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information