P200e issue!

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Is the tap flowing well ? No matter how good the hose, if the tap or tap filter are clogged then the flow will be insufficient.

If you keep bike in 3rd and hold WOT do you get the same symptoms after a period ?
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

ricalnic wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:03 pm Is the tap flowing well ? No matter how good the hose, if the tap or tap filter are clogged then the flow will be insufficient.

If you keep bike in 3rd and hold WOT do you get the same symptoms after a period ?
Will have a look at the flow tomorrow, and yes, same happened in 3rd when out on scoot today, almost immediately when I hit WOT!
Martin20

Martin20 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:34 pm
paul d wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:59 am For the sake of a few quid I’d change the fuel hose. For sure with modern fuels they have a shelf life. If it’s gone hard in any way it’ll have to be changed anyway. Fit as short as possible. Does the scoot behave better with a full tank? Is the ht screwed firmly into the cdi and plug cap? I know you’ve cleaned the carb but I’d pay particular attention to the little pin that allows the bowl to fill. On the short term I’d remove the fuel filter in the carb...good luck with it!
Thanks Paul. Will get new fuel pipe. As you say, worth it for a few quid! Will have another go at carb as well.
Regarding amount of fuel in tank, seemed to perform worse when tank low, so always keep it as full as I can, especially when I've been trying to sort issues. Have taken to riding with tap on reserve as well!
HT screwed in tight at both ends, but will re-check.
Will try a short run tomorrow with air filter, and fuel filter off, just to see!

Not going to let this beat me, so anyone with anymore suggestions, please keep em coming!
Update... One problem solved, another created!,

Ordered new fuel pipe last week, removed old one, and guess what, it was 28" long! New one arrived a couple of days ago, 24" long, fitted it today, and problem at WOT has gone!

However...having removed tank, I decided to change one of the panel retaining arms, as it was duff. Had to remove plastic cover in bowels of scoot to do this. When changed, and putting it all back together, I found a small wire down there with a spade fitting which was not connected to anything! Guessed I must have disturbed it, but had no clue what it was and where it should be connected, so left it and kept fingers crossed.( I did take pics b4 I disturbed anything, but impossible to see clearly down there!) Put everything back together, started fine, everything working, apart from rear nearside indicator. Can anyone confirm that there is a connection down there, and where I might find it? Indicator was working before I went in there!
Cheers
Martin
ricalnic
Main scooter: Lambretta GP Monza 225

Good o, so sounds like old tube was too long and kinking.

Yes, the spade connector will be your live feed. The earth is provided by your panel clip, but the live is delivered via the front locating pin on the panel which you line up and insert to insulated tube on frame, which your loose cable connects to inside the well of the frame
Martin20

ricalnic wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 5:52 pm Good o, so sounds like old tube was too long and kinking.

Yes, the spade connector will be your live feed. The earth is provided by your panel clip, but the live is delivered via the front locating pin on the panel which you line up and insert to insulated tube on frame, which your loose cable connects to inside the well of the frame
Thanks for that ricalnic.
Do you know if the connection is something like a 'tab', for want of a better description, on the inside end of the insulated tube? Just want to be sure of what I am looking for!
Spaniard
Main scooter: lambretta jet 200

I have made a few pictures of the inside off my p200e , he is standing here with the fuel tank off ,
but dont know yet how to upload the pictures on this forum , do you have facebook ? i send them if you want ?
grtzz
John
Martin20

Hi John, yes I am on Facebook, and would love to see your photos. Don't use it too much, so not too sure how to access them. Guess you would post them on your home page? If so, could you please let me know your username.
Thanks
Martin
Martin20

Just a thought John, if you download Tapatalk on your mobile, then add Scooterotica, it is a doddle to download pics from that platform!
Spaniard

Here you go ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Verstuurd vanaf mijn VTR-L09 met Tapatalk

Spaniard

As you can see , there is a rubber protection hose over that tube with spade connection , just pull it free and put your wire thru it
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information