Problems with BEEDSPEED???

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
davla

Has anyone had any issues with Beedspeed recently? I’ve used them in and off for 20 years but over the last 5 weeks they’re been messing me around something rotten.

I got a call from them 5 weeks ago asking if I was still after a Lambretta long range tank with no cutouts in primer as they had a couple in stock.

I ordered one and they sent me one with a RH cutout. I called and they said they didn’t have any with no cutouts in stock but offered a stainless steel one at the same price which I didn’t want so I returned the tank for a refund.

I get a call from them saying that they’ve found a tank in primer and did I want the tank instead of a refund which I did.

I received the tank and the first think I notice is that it’s got no fittings with it. Then I notice that the primer is coming off and it’s actually a stainless steel tank that someone had blown over with great primer. Are they taking the P??

I phone them and complain and return the tank. 2 weeks later an 3 phone calls later and still no refund.

If I don’t have a refund by Monday then the next call I make will be to my credit card company to disputed the transaction.
Tractorman
Main scooter: Lambretta li150 special

Not had any problems lately because I have definitely NOT dealt with them for years!!
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Read all about Beedspeed on Facebook page “ Got a gripe about a scooter seller or dealer” page , looks like loads of people have had issues withbthem in recent weeks.

Personally I bought a few bits from them back in 2016 when i was new to scooters and didn’t know any better, quite a lot of the parts had to be returned due to poor quality or simply wrong.

I even got a full set of cables from them once that were meant to go to somebody else! I got the other guys address from them and forwarded them on.
neily03
Main scooter: Lambretta Li125

Yes! I had a nightmare with them a couple of months back. Ordered a load of bits, got an email that some are out of stock (even though they were showing in stock) and what would I like to do, I asked to send what they had and refund me for whats out of stock. Few days later I received the parts and awaited my refund (£45 through PayPal). After about 4 weeks and multiple ignored emails for my refund I had to claim the money back through PayPal which i got back.

I certainly won't be using them again.
Lambretta67
Main scooter: Lambretta L.I. 200 special

I stopped using them a few years ago. Really shoddy quality & service not that good
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Used them for donkeys years, not anymore!
HotPearlSnatch
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

Wow, i am really saddened and a little surprised.

Beedspeed have been stalwart scooterist supplies to me since the late 80s and i rarely had an issue with them.

Hopefully its a glitch, sh+t does happen after all.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

HotPearlSnatch wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:26 pm Wow, i am really saddened and a little surprised.

Beedspeed have been stalwart scooterist supplies to me since the late 80s and i rarely had an issue with them.

Hopefully its a glitch, sh+t does happen after all.
According to form the problems started when Alan Beedman sold the business a while back, all on that fb page.
HotPearlSnatch
Main scooter: Lambretta series 2

Scooterdude, that makes sense then, its a different animal, so sad.

Well i still got good memories of hankering after those legendary beedspeed drops from back in the day.

Never did manage to afford them though....
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

when I used to use them they never seemed interested and they made me feel they were doing me a favour for being able to spend my money there i soon moved on
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information