Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
bolzenanker
Main scooter: Spanish S2 Li150 1963

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
gaz_powell

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 pm It's a bit more than that Gaz, but there has been 2 issues. One above from Wintermodel and another that had a number missing. Certainly nothing to raise an eyebrow from the DVLA as claimed in jetset, bearing in mind the pile next to me containing 12 BLA ones and 3 LCGB which are out of date and just need reissuing is where a good percentage of the BLOA are, and I don't think that anyone that has used my service has any issues. The August book as said is mainly for the clubs to go further, i.e to issue the original number plates using the old style log books. I do not have the time or knowledge to go down that route. Yet again cheap side digs to stir things up, not really my thing but when you're down I suppose anything goes?? Anything else whilst I'm here?
I can appreciate that things go wrong from time to time in processes but
I still can't understand where the credibility with DVLA comes from to allow what is effectively one person writing out dating certification.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:45 pm Wintermodel-ref name change. A few reasons. First and most important was from the members, we have about 34-40 original BLOA members who never joined the LCGB for what ever reason so keeping in with there wishes really. Another reason was the whole idea of bringing the name back to life, before anyone starts ranting and raving just look back at the back issues like the ones I stated in Scootering, your answers are there. Committee stated that we changed to club to stop a copyright issue, really. Think again. Quite a few have too much to say on this, none of them have actually put anything into scootering, I've not seen them remake anything or organised anything, just sit behind a screen moaning about others. Quite boring. Maybe get off your arse to put something back in then come back to me. That's it really, no harm done.

I can understand some points you make and they might seem reasonable but did you not think there would be some fallout from the way you have gone about it even if we leave the name aside what about the use of the "Karslake " designed logo its clear the LCGB have a remit to defend its use otherwise they will forfeit certain rights of use themselves . And Mikes son Paul has supported LCGB , does that not bother you or make you think why dont we (there are 2000+ on you fb page ) come up with our own period style log that borrows from nobody that would be the copyright issue eased.

our club puts on events and it can be a thankless task , as there are a hardcore minority who will bitch behind the scenes about anything and everything no matter how petty or continually regurgitate ancient historical wrongs they feel ,but that im afraid is scootering its been like it since my first interest from 85 Social media just makes it more easy to spread , i also spent over 20 years riding big bikes and this level of nonsense doesn't go on or should i say ive not encountered it. im all for more events in the south east /mids area as theres an unfair spread of national events as things stand

If both parties keep saying im right ,ours is the universal truth of the matter its not going to get sorted anytime soon someone needs to speak to someone to resolve things
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

gaz_powell wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:25 pm
Gavin J Frankland wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:31 pm It's a bit more than that Gaz, but there has been 2 issues. One above from Wintermodel and another that had a number missing. Certainly nothing to raise an eyebrow from the DVLA as claimed in jetset, bearing in mind the pile next to me containing 12 BLA ones and 3 LCGB which are out of date and just need reissuing is where a good percentage of the BLOA are, and I don't think that anyone that has used my service has any issues. The August book as said is mainly for the clubs to go further, i.e to issue the original number plates using the old style log books. I do not have the time or knowledge to go down that route. Yet again cheap side digs to stir things up, not really my thing but when you're down I suppose anything goes?? Anything else whilst I'm here?
I can appreciate that things go wrong from time to time in processes but
I still can't understand where the credibility with DVLA comes from to allow what is effectively one person writing out dating certification.
BLOA/BLOC NOT listed as an approved Club for registrations.? Unless they've been added recently in which case I'm sure they could provide the evidence to show DVLA approval?
Page 16 of the below document.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -clubs.pdf
Gavin J Frankland
Main scooter: sx200

That's the V765 List as I have already mentioned, nothing to do with dating certificates. Come on REMF do better than that.
Gavin J Frankland

Wintermodel, This will help.The chaps name is below if you need to ask further more questions. As for the others we might need some adults to help them understand it.

Hello Mr Frankland

Thank you for your email of the 2 March 2017 14:36

With regard to your enquiry about dating evidence:

Before providing dating evidence you must be satisfied that the vehicle exists, is a complete

entity and that it carries the relevant chassis/frame and engine numbers. If you are unable to

arrange an inspection of the vehicle, in order to satisfy yourself that the vehicle is what it is

claiming to be, you must request photographs of the vehicle and photographs or rubbings of

all identifying features.

Issuing dating certificates

Any dating evidence you provide of the year of manufacture must take the form of a letter or

dating certificate and must be accompanied by a note of the source material that was used

to determine the date together with an explanation of how you were able to link this vehicle to

the source material (i.e. whether by inspection or photographs and rubbings).

I trust the above information will be of help.

Barrie Evans

V765 Clubs/K&R | D4 | DVLA | Swansea | SA991AN

cid:image001.png@01CFCB6E.B7248A20
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

So to summarise that, anyone can issue a dating certificate provided that they can evidence the source material they're using to make that dating determination.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

rosscla wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:08 pm So to summarise that, anyone can issue a dating certificate provided that they can evidence the source material they're using to make that dating determination.
Will find out shortly from the horses mouth, DVLA, I have submitted an FOI and request for clarification.
I referenced the V765/1 list at it appears to be the only register of authorised clubs who can provide checks and evidence for historic vehicles, although the V765 is to apply for a vehicles previous registration number from old documents etc.
Its really not clear on open source who can provide dating/authentication certificates.
Gavin J Frankland

Here you are REMF, might save you the cost of a postage stamp. Any problems understanding this please let me know. Many thanks.

Hello Mr Frankland

Thank you for your email reply.

DVLA do not keep a register/authorised list of vehicle enthusiasts clubs/organisations which issue vehicle dating certificates.

Each individual dating certificate received at the Agency is assessed (accepted or rejected) on the basis of the declared origin of the source material used in support the vehicle registration application.

Regards

Barrie Evans
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

Now that’s clarified everyone can go and enjoy their scooters with the time saved
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information