Casa ssr265

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

I am fortunate to be in position to be able to purchase if I want to. I just can’t decide if I should. Do I need one? No. Do I want one? Yes. I don’t do many rallies but ride a lot mainly solo. I have a ts 230 tuned and a standard ts225. Both suit my needs, but in the back of my mind something keeps saying buy as it will be great fun.
Who has one?
Was it worth it?
How much fun is it?
As well as riding it hard what’s it like a lower revs?
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

when I was in my teens all I wanted was speed and tyres and brakes were irrelevant as I ragged my way around the south circular these days want comfort braking and a lot less vibration plus reliability must be getting old and boring
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i think that it would be fun to ride on your own, more or less a race engine, when martin at chiselspeed dynoed my home built rotax he compared the dyno graph to a 265 he had down tuned for the customer to try and gain some bottom end power, and mine made a lot more power untill 8000 revs, not what i expected, they are very low on power at low revs, if you like a screamer of and engine then you will like it, if you want loads of torque try getting hold of rich taylor, i know he is building a kit to sell with the rotax cylinder, where are you i can let you have a ride on my rotax if you like, to see what you think.
holty
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Thanks for the replies. I don’t live far from you Holty I am in driff so may take you up on your kind offer.
Been thinking if its not suited for lower revs what good is it in modern traffic.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

no problem, if your coming up this way give us a shout, theres a multimeet in hull on saturday ?
i think your right about riding in traffic, will be horrible.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information