KMT products jets

FAQ tech questions, please check if the answer to your question is in here before posting elsewhere.
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Anyone used jets from these or are they cheap rubbish ? There was an article in scootering about them but cant remember if they were ok or not regarding accuracy ...cheers
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've used them in PHBH, SH and SI carbs and they seem to be very good.

I've no way to physically gauge the accuracy though.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Mrnice71

rosscla wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:36 pm I've used them in PHBH, SH and SI carbs and they seem to be very good.

I've no way to physically gauge the accuracy though.
Saw this on Youtube https://youtu.be/VgNsdvku4Ig
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

After seeing this and having many KMT jets myself I ordered a few sizes from eurocarb (dellorto genuine) myself as well as an expensive needle gauge for these jets (PHBH main jet type).

I have only measured a couple of jets so far but interestingly both KMT and Dellorto originals seem to be too big for their marked sizes, by around 3 or 4, i.e. a 105 jet is actually 108+ on the gauge.

I'll do some more extensive testing ( I have every main jet from the low 90's to around 125 in KMT kits and a half dozen dellorto ones from the same range) when I get time and report back!

It's anew tool for me, so it might be something I'm doing, but we shall see!
Mrnice71

timexit17 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:24 pm After seeing this and having many KMT jets myself I ordered a few sizes from eurocarb (dellorto genuine) myself as well as an expensive needle gauge for these jets (PHBH main jet type).

I have only measured a couple of jets so far but interestingly both KMT and Dellorto originals seem to be too big for their marked sizes, by around 3 or 4, i.e. a 105 jet is actually 108+ on the gauge.

I'll do some more extensive testing ( I have every main jet from the low 90's to around 125 in KMT kits and a half dozen dellorto ones from the same range) when I get time and report back!

It's anew tool for me, so it might be something I'm doing, but we shall see!
Be interesting seeing the results .... :)
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

ah sorry for not updating.

Every Jet I checked (and I have about 20 main jets from the low 90's to around 120) on KMT was 'out' by 3 or 4 in size.
Equally however so was every Dell'orto jet -to the same amount.
I checked the jets from both possible angles too.

Now, unless the tool itself was 'out' this should mean that as long as you recognise the main jets are underreporting their true size you're fine.

i.e. My 105 main jet is actually 109 and I've recently put the main jet to 110 which means 114 in reality -no wonder it wasn't running lean when all advise was it surely must be!
Mrnice71

timexit17 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:04 pm ah sorry for not updating.

Every Jet I checked (and I have about 20 main jets from the low 90's to around 120) on KMT was 'out' by 3 or 4 in size.
Equally however so was every Dell'orto jet -to the same amount.
I checked the jets from both possible angles too.

Now, unless the tool itself was 'out' this should mean that as long as you recognise the main jets are underreporting their true size you're fine.

i.e. My 105 main jet is actually 109 and I've recently put the main jet to 110 which means 114 in reality -no wonder it wasn't running lean when all advise was it surely must be!
Thanks for the update , so you might as well just buy the KMT jets and save a few quid then :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information