Lambretta inboard disc problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

Im having trouble with an original sx200 inboard disc, it was making a rumbling and knocking noise so ive replaced the bearings, oil seals, cleaned the disc holes and pins, replaced the pads and set it up as per stickys book. If I spin the wheel on the stand it runs lovely with no noises but if I ride the bike at around 10 mph its making a sort of knocking noise

Should I have replace the anti rattle circlip as well and if so how do you get it out?

Please help as if I take this thing to bits any more times its going to be put through my garage window
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Mine makes a heck of a racket if ridden slowly, in fact if you spin the front wheel while its on the stand and move the steering from side to side it makes an incredible noise,but I think its just the floating disc flopping from side to side.Even the MOT man commented on it.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

" Should I have replace the anti rattle circlip as well and if so how do you get it out?", these wear and can then allow the knocking that you speak of, however, you don't need to replace it as you can just push it around the groove so that it contacts with a part of the circlip that isn't worn.... good as new :)
essexgp

Update to my problem

I have removed the disc and pads so all there is is an empty case and an axle and its still making the knocking noise! its got new bearings and seals but for the life of me I cant figure it out. With the scooter front wheel off the ground if you spin the wheel its silent, its only when you ride it it does it
Daggs

Are you tightening the back-plate to fork link bolt/nut? If not, it may be that you hear.
HxPaul

Did the noise start just after you fitted the bearings and seals.Are you sure that the noise is coming from the front ?
HxPaul

Forget the first bit of my post,I didn't realise that you fitted the bearings after you heard the noise
essexgp

Daggs wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:38 am Are you tightening the back-plate to fork link bolt/nut? If not, it may be that you hear.
If you mean the half nut then yes

The axle is fitted with the stepped side to the speedo and the nut to the windows side
HxPaul

If it were the inboard disc for drum links,then I would say its the link locating peg thats "clonking" in the backplate.
essexgp

HxPaul wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:49 am If it were the inboard disc for drum links,then I would say its the link locating peg thats "clonking" in the backplate.
Its not unfortunately, its an original disc assy, but that's the sort of noise its making
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information