eBay

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
psychedelicropcircle
Main scooter: Series 1 li150 1958

Is it like a car boot sale these days? I’m sending things like a TS inlet out today for 99p. Pointless, & Ive everything from as a lui back down to inlets lying around getting in the way. When did it get so s**t.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

It's really hard to sell used stuff on there unless it's highly sought after. I find it easier to put it on one of the many FB 'enthusiasts' for sale groups groups.

You need to keep bumping them if they don't go in short order.

Also worth trying on here or LCGB.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
immylam

Mate of mine sells loads on e-bay. He buys engines/scooters/frames from Italy and breaks them selling all the decent stuff from sliding dog springs and ballbearings right through to frames. He does all the breaking , sorting , identifying parts and postage. His prices are very very reasonable (Frames from £150) he takes the risk and hit on anything he gets that is broken or cant be salvages ( Siezed barrels / cranks etc) He is also stuck with the crap - flywheels , 4 pole ignition etc but still makes a good profit. He is fair with prices , doubles up items to save post for multi buys etc. He loves doing it. He posts all year round on ebay , his adds all feature goods on his brown mottled kitchen worktop. many folk now realise you are better buying 2nd hand italian original than remade stuff, especially end plates, linkage, chaincasings etc but he will post out any part large or small. A genuine scooterist, scooter fan and decent bloke. great feedback and doesn't quibble about refunds and has great positive feedback.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

immylam wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 pm Mate of mine sells loads on e-bay. He buys engines/scooters/frames from Italy and breaks them selling all the decent stuff from sliding dog springs and ballbearings right through to frames. He does all the breaking , sorting , identifying parts and postage. His prices are very very reasonable (Frames from £150) he takes the risk and hit on anything he gets that is broken or cant be salvages ( Siezed barrels / cranks etc) He is also stuck with the crap - flywheels , 4 pole ignition etc but still makes a good profit. He is fair with prices , doubles up items to save post for multi buys etc. He loves doing it. He posts all year round on ebay , his adds all feature goods on his brown mottled kitchen worktop. many folk now realise you are better buying 2nd hand italian original than remade stuff, especially end plates, linkage, chaincasings etc but he will post out any part large or small. A genuine scooterist, scooter fan and decent bloke. great feedback and doesn't quibble about refunds and has great positive feedback.
If his ebay name is starstream2016,I've bought a couple of things off him.Good stuff and very honest.Unfortunately you cant say that for most ebay sellers.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

immylam wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:06 pm Mate of mine sells loads on e-bay. He buys engines/scooters/frames from Italy and breaks them selling all the decent stuff from sliding dog springs and ballbearings right through to frames. He does all the breaking , sorting , identifying parts and postage. His prices are very very reasonable (Frames from £150) he takes the risk and hit on anything he gets that is broken or cant be salvages ( Siezed barrels / cranks etc) He is also stuck with the crap - flywheels , 4 pole ignition etc but still makes a good profit. He is fair with prices , doubles up items to save post for multi buys etc. He loves doing it. He posts all year round on ebay , his adds all feature goods on his brown mottled kitchen worktop. many folk now realise you are better buying 2nd hand italian original than remade stuff, especially end plates, linkage, chaincasings etc but he will post out any part large or small. A genuine scooterist, scooter fan and decent bloke. great feedback and doesn't quibble about refunds and has great positive feedback.
ive bought some parts of him, very good quality and well described, will buy of him in the future as well, starstream i belive his ebay name is, top bloke
Daggs

I got a superb Li 150 gearbox off him, at a good price too. Top guy.
immylam

It is starstream2016, he is also a great guy locally for fixing scooters ...again more through the love of doing it rather than money (although he does appreciate the odd bottle of Honey JD for payment)
a.j

It would be a lot better if they banned classified ad's.... buy it now prices and all starting bids should be 1p.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information