Winter model Date

If you want to tell us about or ask about a standard spec or restoration project....post it here.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Hi all ,

Im coming to the end of my S2 Winter model build and and have got to apply for a dating cert , thing is my frame number is one of the higher than shall we say widely thought for the 64-65 period as its "666xx", it has the matching engine number on the original engine , although it currently has a GT240 on intercontinental casings fitted.

so how can i be certain that the date it will be given will reflect its true age and that ill not just be given the default for the winter model build period ?

the spanish reg number was V225-046 so from what ive found from valencia region , is there a spanish website where i might find out any info

any help be appreciated
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Cotact Buzzsolomoto,the owner Anthony knows Spanish Lambrettas better than almost anyone.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

The models starting 066 were built in 1966. I have one and know of a few others. If you get a dating certificate from lcgb it will show the correct year. Well mine does anyway.
wintermod65

hi thanks for advice ,

mine came from buzz it came with a british lambretta archive dating cert which put it at 65, but that was back in 2014. i had seen some info regarding issue of high frame number winter models (latest ive seen is a 668xxx that totally scooters had although it didnt have original engine with it ) being built after 64-65 so wondered if mine was after these dates too
hendy

wintermod65 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 pm hi thanks for advice ,

mine came from buzz it came with a british lambretta archive dating cert which put it at 65, but that was back in 2014. i had seen some info regarding issue of high frame number winter models (latest ive seen is a 668xxx that totally scooters had although it didnt have original engine with it ) being built after 64-65 so wondered if mine was after these dates too
Mine is a 668xxx. Bought direct from spain so there are at least 2 of them in UK
wintermod65

hendy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:50 am
wintermod65 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 pm hi thanks for advice ,

Mine is a 668xxx. Bought direct from spain so there are at least 2 of them in UK

Nice!! is it a 150 too ? im wondering whats the youngest known 'winter' about did any make it to the 70xxx . does yours have the "deep step" bridge piece mine was a bit rotty but used a repro S2 one as a repair section so managed to save it.
hendy

wintermod65 wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 11:39 am
Nice!! is it a 150 too ? im wondering whats the youngest known 'winter' about did any make it to the 70xxx . does yours have the "deep step" bridge piece mine was a bit rotty but used a repro S2 one as a repair section so managed to save it.
Mine is a 150 (or was at least). I've no idea about the bridge piece as it didn't have one when I got it
wintermod65

The step is at the front of the bridge piece where the front rubber goes under its nearly 10mm deep on mine have seen same on a winter that was over at "discodez's" too and on the 668xx frame number one totally scooters had up on ebay i think they are peculiar to the winters as not seen them on pics of the regular spanish S2's .

i have seen a serveta owners group on facebook but just wondering if theres one for the lambretta locomociones / eibar S2's and Winter models.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information