Semi hydraulic inboard brake

Post pics & videos of your scooter, projects you're working on, a lovely Vespa that you saw at a rally, or anything else scooter related.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

coaster wrote:Mine cylinder sits flush but I did have an issue with the piston sticking now I think of it but I noticed it before I fitted it. Had a bit of trouble getting the piston out so that I could give it a rub with some wet & dry. Is you piston going all the way in?
Yes the piston moves freely and retracts fully. The cylinder is flush now that I've skimmed some material off the pads. I fitted those washers temporarily when I was trying to work out what the problem was.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

hendy

Just took a look at It and it's barely rubbing at all. Looks worse on the photo than it is. Also the uncut inner was pulling the cable to one side when relaxed. The inside of the adjustet is nicely flared and smooth on the inisde. As you pull it it actually moves away from the side.

In a nutshell, "it'll be reet".

Thanks for advice.
coaster

Great news 8-)
Just to add, with this type of calliper, the bracket for an SIP speedo sensor fits under the top bolt and will read off the wheel studs. Quite unobtrusive and if you go for the reverse pull look with the hydraulic line, the sensor cable can be secured to it 8-)
eden
Dealer

How do you find the braking? I did the same conversion a few years ago and found the braking was shite compared to fully hydraulic. I took it off in the end as I nearly went off track at cobblesoukd due to it. :(
hendy

eden wrote:How do you find the braking? I did the same conversion a few years ago and found the braking was shite compared to fully hydraulic. I took it off in the end as I nearly went off track at cobblesoukd due to it. :(
Take it easy lad. I'm not rushing out just yet. It's only taken me 3 years to get this far so I think I need to calm it down a bit.

Seriously though it won't be on the road until I get a pipe as none of the ones I have fit with the avanti head.

Surely it's got to be better than the drum on my last one. Pointless when standard, but perfectly built and ridiculously snatchy when I reverse pulled it.

End of May all things being well.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The regular front on my Lince feels ok, the back is crap. I was thinking to either go with a cable operated disk for drum links or a semi hydraulic like this as I want to keep the original switch gear and can't stretch to the LTH master (for now)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information