Name change- British Lambretta Owners Association Club

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
nastro azzurro

Senior member?? What the hell does that mean??
I was under the assumption every member is equal.
timexit17
Main scooter: GP 225 Extra S type

I think by that it's just a nice way of saying someone who's been on the committee in the past and is one of the old original LCGB founders/members. Every member is equal at the AGM so I don't get where some people are painting the committee as 'all powerful' as they certainly aren't.
timexit17

It's actually really ironic as those who want to have a dig at the committee have wheeled out this very person in the past as an example of someone who was stitched up by the committee/membership despite their years of struggle and hard work.

Now they dismiss his contribution! - You couldn't make it up but some people are trying very, very hard bless them.
eden
Dealer

Friends Nic?
Now you are being silly.

What you have said can be turned 180 degrees. I would love it if the committee proved me wrong by actually doing what they have told all of their members they have done... "tried everything to prevent going down the legal route" They haven't done the simplest thing which is contacting Gavin dirrectly.

But you will choose to ignore this simple fact. If I was still a LCGB member I would be asking them to show just what exactly they have done.

PS your assumption the unnamed "senior" member is an old committee member as far as I know would be incorrect. He did try to get on the committee a few years ago with a proposal about clubs winning the BSM getting a member auto installed on the committee but that idea was dismissed and then later a committee member made the accusation that it was I who raised that proposal.
You couldnt make it up lol
eden
Dealer

Timexit17... Your barking up the wrong tree mate... we ain't talking about Kev
timexit17

You're talking about Kev as well however.
eden
Dealer

timexit17 wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:35 pm You're talking about Kev as well however.

No I'm not
nastro azzurro

eden wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:34 pm Timexit17... Your barking up the wrong tree mate... we ain't talking about Kev
Thanks for that Eden. Thought I was going mad !!
But still confused as to whom we are talking about......
eden
Dealer

This is the problem with LCGB. Far too much is underhand with the members having no knowledge of what is or has gone on in the past.

It's a small group of people doing all the doing leading a load of mushrooms.
:( and that's why I won't be rejoining until that changes.
timexit17

Perhaps those members are perfectly happy with the way the club is being run? You should consider that too.
If it's a choice of a democratically elected committee where I know at least a few of them personally and have ridden with the rest or someone I don't know from Adam then I'll stick with the LCGB thanks.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information