Direct Bikes Ninja help/advise?

FREE tuning and maintenance info, plus links to our original tuning pages that started it all off.
lenty
Main scooter: Direct Bikes

Hi All,
Before anyone takes the Micky out of me I know buying a direct bikes Ninja 4 stroke is not the best choice. However, I do 3 miles a day on it and got it for a good price (i think!!).

My question is, as they say, can I 'de-restrict' it to maybe give me a few more MPH pls? If helps it's 2016 model (DB50QT-15B).

Thank you in advance all.

Lenty
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Hi, I have no idea how you would do it, but I have just 'googled' your make of bike, and a couple of images came up of 'de-restricted' bikes, so the answer to your question must be yes!
Good luck with it, and happy scootering!
Martin20

Lenty, just googled derestriction again, and there are a number of videos on YouTube, showing exactly what to do. Looks a very simple process, and guy ended up getting 80km/h on flat ,from his. (Would add link if I knew how!)
coaster

Is this the one you meant Martin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ--Au6u3Zo

Most autos can also be made quicker by removing the washer between the 2 halves of the variator. That forces the belt to move out further on the pulley plus playing with the roller weights
lenty
Main scooter: Direct Bikes

Thankyou all, so some 'pink wire' and away I go. I'm sure I can do this myself.

Most autos can also be made quicker by removing the washer between the 2 halves of the variator. ummmm so where do i find this part of my engine ;-)

Lenty
Martin20

coaster wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:01 pm Is this the one you meant Martin?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQ--Au6u3Zo

Most autos can also be made quicker by removing the washer between the 2 halves of the variator. That forces the belt to move out further on the pulley plus playing with the roller weights
Yep, that's the one! Think even I could manage that lol!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information