LCGB AGM ref BLOA

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Nic

coaster wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:58 pm
Timbo wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:47 pm .......You must have missed it but somewhere in print he said a committee is planned once things are up and running.
The problem is they might all be called Gavin ;)

He also said the subs would be used to support his private scooter collection :?
As it happens, there seem to be lots of people called Gav or Gavin who are all involved in this "club". So your assumption is probably correct...

Unless some of them are Gavin Frankland's sockpuppets. That couldn't possibly be the case, could it?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Nic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:25 am. I'm calling it "your" page because I assume you have some control over what is done in your name.

You mean you haven't? No AGM to decide policy as to how your FB page is run? No annually-elected national committee to help determine your Club's approach on these issues? Ooops. I seem to remember you flounced out of at least one other Club for far less than that. :lol:
I think I answered this already.... I have no interest in the running or helping the running of any club. Which is why I never attended any LCGB agm. I see BLOA as a small members club run by someone with endless energy and drive to recreate events from the 50’s. Whether the first rally at Sywell turns out to be different from other rallies I will leave it to others to judge.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:58 pm Wintermod65.....any chance you could post a few pictures of your scooter. In the show us yours section.
I like the eibar scooters. Mine i am restoring is a s2 1960.

Thank you Robbie.
hi,
for quick reference of my scooter history check out norwich scooter club forum /gallery/ IAN H posts my tv175 project and old wvsc scooters il upload some newer asap a its progressed since then most of the previous bad workmanship i hinted to in my post has been sorted by competent people the winter model is a 666** frame number so a late one

" Calm down gents its only a scooter club " personal insults diminish the points you are trying to make its also diverting attention away from the salient points of this issue , ok after the above hypocritical of me i know but thats self conscious postermodernity masquerading as irony for you!
Last edited by wintermod65 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Ok Ian...i shall try and have a look this evening.
666......hopefully thats not a bad Omen .
Nic

Timbo wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:08 pm
Nic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:25 am. I'm calling it "your" page because I assume you have some control over what is done in your name.

You mean you haven't? No AGM to decide policy as to how your FB page is run? No annually-elected national committee to help determine your Club's approach on these issues? Ooops. I seem to remember you flounced out of at least one other Club for far less than that. :lol:
I think I answered this already.... I have no interest in the running or helping the running of any club. Which is why I never attended any LCGB agm. I see BLOA as a small members club run by someone with endless energy and drive to recreate events from the 50’s. Whether the first rally at Sywell turns out to be different from other rallies I will leave it to others to judge.
Thanks for confirming that your sense of moral outrage is elastic enough to cope with any eventuality - including the massive democratic deficit in your organisation. Meanwhile, the FB post has now been shared 82 times. It'll be interesting to find out whether your endlessly energetic Leader also bars the additional people who have had the temerity to share someone's opinion with their friends on FB.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

thats given me an idea robbie ! didnt have a name for the scooter before , mind you best check if the Omen movie franchise or the Prodigy dont have a trademark on it and object !
Last edited by wintermod65 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timbo

Nic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:00 pm
Timbo wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:47 pm
Nic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:32 am

The last time you objected to being told off for your posts on the LCGB website, your lovely little feet carried you out of the door in double-quick time - with a lot of bleating on this forum and especially on the Feckers' site (God bless that forum 8-) ))

DO YOU REMEMBER THE VILE AND ABUSIVE PM YOU SENT ME?

Seems you've changed your tune now that more than 85 people get deleted from your club's Facebook page for the simple act of sharing a post with their friends..

THIS IS SIMILAR TO WHAT THE LCGB DID WHEN YOU AND WEAKS WERE MODERATORS...... :roll:

It confirms to me that, as I've observed before, your motivation in supporting BLOA is not based on any genuine set of principles or morality but on the opportunity to stick it to the LCGB for a slight you experienced many years ago. Pretty shameful really.

YOU REALLY ARE INCREDIBLY PATHETIC. I HAVE ADDRESSED THIS BEFORE AS YOU WELL KNOW. I JOINED BLOA BEFORE ANY REFERANCE TO THE LCGB APPEARED ON THEIR WEB SITE. THIS IS VERY EASY TO CHECK BY LOOKING AT MY FIRST MESSAGE AND SEEING WHAT CAME BEFORE. OF COURSE YOU HAVENT AND NOW CANT. I ALSO HAD NO IDEA OF THE BLOA HISTORY. TYPICAL DOWNMARKET JOURNALIST TRYING TO FIND/INVENT A STORY WHEN A STORY DOESANT EXIST. I HAVE NO ISSUES WITH THE LCGB COMMITEE JUST YOU AND WEAKS LACK OF MODERATING SKILLS. IS THAT CLEAR?

Timbo

Nic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:23 pm

Thanks for confirming that your sense of moral outrage is elastic enough to cope with any eventuality - including the massive democratic deficit in your organisation. Meanwhile, the FB post has now been shared 82 times. It'll be interesting to find out whether your endlessly energetic Leader also bars the additional people who have had the temerity to share someone's opinion with their friends on FB.
I CAN CONFIRM I SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO WHATEVER THE OUTCOME.... :lol:

ANYONE CAN JOIN BLOA FACEBOOK PAGE. TO JOIN THE CLUB YOU PAY A £10 SUBSCRIPTION, NOT A LOT OF MONEY. I WOULD BE INTERESTED TO KNOW HOW MANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT HAVE BEEN BARRED WERE ACTUALLY MEMBERS? I WILL GUESS AT VERY FEW IF ANY.
Nic

Quite apart from being shouty, you are also being obtuse - and incorrect.

Those barred were people who had been signed up to the FB page or who had decided to be part of it. What has happened is that that for the "crime" of sharing a post on another Facebook page they have been barred from accessing the BLOA FB page.

So, no, they can't join the Facebook page. Because they have been barred. Doh. Which also means, incidentally, that any sharing of information about your new club's events is denied to them.

I'm sure everyone reading this thread will be relieved about your sleep patterns. Quite how they feel about your commitment to democracy is another question.
Timbo

Nic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:02 pm Quite apart from being shouty, you are also being obtuse - and incorrect.

Those barred were people who had been signed up to the FB page or who had decided to be part of it. What has happened is that that for the "crime" of sharing a post on another Facebook page they have been barred from accessing the BLOA FB page.

So, no, they can't join the Facebook page. Because they have been barred. Doh. Which also means, incidentally, that any sharing of information about your new club's events is denied to them.

I'm sure everyone reading this thread will be relieved about your sleep patterns. Quite how they feel about your commitment to democracy is another question.
I understood what you said, clearly you didn’t understand my reply :roll: .......Put another way I wonder how many of the barred were mischief makers or just joined to see what was going on.
Locked Previous topicNext topic
  • Information