LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

servetakid wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:29 am
Gav BLOA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:15 am We are the club on the Facebook page. All open and free speech, if you are a member. Another stupid point. Start getting real and say something worth saying.
It's not a stupid point.

https://personal.natwest.com/personal/l ... -club.html

https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/infor ... p-started/

https://www.resourcecentre.org.uk/infor ... titutions/

The links above are guides to how a club should be set up.
So I am curious to what exactly your club has in the way of a committee, constitution, AGM etc? Or the processes you are currently undertaking to get these in place. I think that is a totally reasonable question, and why wouldn't you want to answer the question?

However, at the moment all I'm seeing gifting money to a private paypal and a facebook page ran by you and your misses. So I find it quite amusing that half your members are people who have beef with the LCGB for their constitution/agm/committee, but nothing appears to be forthcoming from BLOA on this side of the argument.

I’m a member of BLOA. I see someone trying very hard to run a club with old values harking back to the 50’sand 60’s and I am looking forward to the first rally at Sywell in April. I know Sywell well and there’s great modern facilities including a brilliant WW11 museum. I’m not generally a rally goer as getting drunk for 3 days and queuing for food is not my thing (I appreciate that you don’t have to go to a rally just to get drunk). The fact that the club is being run by one person sits comfortably with me at the moment. If things aren’t run as I like, or I feel i’m being ripped off and Mr Franklin is just in it to make money (as accused by an ex LCGB committee member) then I will indeed vote.........with my feet.
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Bringing his Mrs into this now, and spelling. sad fuckers. I don't do bad on the broken screen. If this is the best you have I'm out.
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Gav BLOA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:28 pm Bringing his Mrs into this now, and spelling. sad fuckers. I don't do bad on the broken screen. If this is the best you have I'm out.
Dry your eyes princess, go and have a cup of tea and a nap and when you’ve returned from the happy ship maybe you can answer the straight questions put to you/him, I’m unsure as you switch from third person to first person dialogue?
Arcadia

What a childish carry on this is.

Bottom line is, BLOA was a business from day 1, it was a sub-company of Concessionaires, created specifically to help sell more units. The name was later changed to LCGB, the whole thing was then shut down. It later reopened as a club which was independent of its former business founders. Nobody at Concessionaires ever gave a fcuk about a bunch of anoraks 50+ years later, they just wanted to sell more machines.

LCGB may have occasionally harked back to the BLOA roots by pasting the logo on a bunch of mugs, badges, and banners now and then...but they never officially operated under the BLOA banner at any point. The current LCGB may have links/roots in history, but the current club never had ANY legal title or ownership of the name BLOA. Gav has revived that name and is using it. Fair play to him.

The LCGB committee are spewing because they got caught with their pants down. If the old name BLOA meant so much to them, why didn't they protect or use it officially? Slack! So what are they doing about it? Throwing other peoples money at this, to ease their bruised egos. It very easy to get all bold and nostalgic, and to start an emotional crusade to 'reclaim their history' when they are spending other peoples money. But I dare so they wouldn't give a s**t if they had to get their hands in their own pockets, instead of other peoples!

And what is the financial cap on this 'reclaiming process? £10 grand? £20 grand? £30 grand? To achieve what? Putting the name back in the LCGB bottom drawer where it's been parked for the past 50 years until they wanted to rattle off a shitty old mug?

The LCGB have NEVER maintained a dignified silence as someone here previously posted, they always come out 'mob handed'...the only reason they haven't this time, is because they cant comment on a legal case which is ongoing. It must be killing them! Whereas Gav tries to answer people, but the reality is...the majority of people asking difficult questions are the LCGB supporters, and they have no desire to hear an honest answer...they are baying for blood, or looking for reasons to smear Gavs name. But I say take a look at your own committee, some of them are not exactly whiter than white.

Gav started a new club, with an old name, fair play to him. Get on with it son, that's what I say. LCGB are bruised over this, but they have ZERO legal ground to stand on. Thier ONLY tactic here is to hire the most expensive barrister they can, and hope to batter Gav into submission...and to rally a 'gang mentality' against him, and hope he crumbles from the venom and abuse he receives. Well, i don't support that, and I don't think the majority of the 5500 membership do either. At the AGM there we only a few hundred members, and I don't care what anyone says, getting 5500 people into vote s a logistical impossibility. A postal vote could have been sent with an explanatory statement to the members with JetSet, but that wouldn't give the committee the 'clear' mandate they wanted. So the committee got what they wanted instead, a room full of 'passionates' so that a few ardent supporters in a weighted room could dictate the decisions. And was it unanimous as some people stated? NO. It was a majority decision, which is not the same. Thoe who voted 'for' voted first, and that was a majority. Those who wanted to vote 'against' saw the vote was won, so simply abstained. They didn't want to be labeled as 'not supporting the club' or have their card marked. The statement and question of support were heavily loaded, and the smearing of Gavs name in that room was unfair.

People may not agree with the 'moral' value in terms of Gav using the name, but wasting tens of thousands of pounds, smearing a man's name, going at him mob-handed, chasing him with abusive posts (see Facebook) and setting barristers on him is pathetic. What an absolute f@@king nonsense. It's a f@@king scooter club, get over it.
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

Gav BLOA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:28 pm Bringing his Mrs into this now, and spelling. sad fuckers. I don't do bad on the broken screen. If this is the best you have I'm out.
Can you/him answer the questions put to you/him?

So I am curious to what exactly your club has in the way of a committee, constitution, AGM etc? Or the processes you are currently undertaking to get these in place. I think that is a totally reasonable question, and why wouldn't you want to answer the question?
servetakid

Arcadia wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:59 pm What a childish carry on this is.

Bottom line is, BLOA was a business from day 1, it was a sub-company of Concessionaires, created specifically to help sell more units. The name was later changed to LCGB, the whole thing was then shut down. It later reopened as a club which was independent of its former business founders. Nobody at Concessionaires ever gave a fcuk about a bunch of anoraks 50+ years later, they just wanted to sell more machines.

LCGB may have occasionally harked back to the BLOA roots by pasting the logo on a bunch of mugs, badges, and banners now and then...but they never officially operated under the BLOA banner at any point. The current LCGB may have links/roots in history, but the current club never had ANY legal title or ownership of the name BLOA. Gav has revived that name and is using it. Fair play to him.

The LCGB committee are spewing because they got caught with their pants down. If the old name BLOA meant so much to them, why didn't they protect or use it officially? Slack! So what are they doing about it? Throwing other peoples money at this, to ease their bruised egos. It very easy to get all bold and nostalgic, and to start an emotional crusade to 'reclaim their history' when they are spending other peoples money. But I dare so they wouldn't give a s**t if they had to get their hands in their own pockets, instead of other peoples!

And what is the financial cap on this 'reclaiming process? £10 grand? £20 grand? £30 grand? To achieve what? Putting the name back in the LCGB bottom drawer where it's been parked for the past 50 years until they wanted to rattle off a shitty old mug?

The LCGB have NEVER maintained a dignified silence as someone here previously posted, they always come out 'mob handed'...the only reason they haven't this time, is because they cant comment on a legal case which is ongoing. It must be killing them! Whereas Gav tries to answer people, but the reality is...the majority of people asking difficult questions are the LCGB supporters, and they have no desire to hear an honest answer...they are baying for blood, or looking for reasons to smear Gavs name. But I say take a look at your own committee, some of them are not exactly whiter than white.

Gav started a new club, with an old name, fair play to him. Get on with it son, that's what I say. LCGB are bruised over this, but they have ZERO legal ground to stand on. Thier ONLY tactic here is to hire the most expensive barrister they can, and hope to batter Gav into submission...and to rally a 'gang mentality' against him, and hope he crumbles from the venom and abuse he receives. Well, i don't support that, and I don't think the majority of the 5500 membership do either. At the AGM there we only a few hundred members, and I don't care what anyone says, getting 5500 people into vote s a logistical impossibility. A postal vote could have been sent with an explanatory statement to the members with JetSet, but that wouldn't give the committee the 'clear' mandate they wanted. So the committee got what they wanted instead, a room full of 'passionates' so that a few ardent supporters in a weighted room could dictate the decisions. And was it unanimous as some people stated? NO. It was a majority decision, which is not the same. Thoe who voted 'for' voted first, and that was a majority. Those who wanted to vote 'against' saw the vote was won, so simply abstained. They didn't want to be labeled as 'not supporting the club' or have their card marked. The statement and question of support were heavily loaded, and the smearing of Gavs name in that room was unfair.

People may not agree with the 'moral' value in terms of Gav using the name, but wasting tens of thousands of pounds, smearing a man's name, going at him mob-handed, chasing him with abusive posts (see Facebook) and setting barristers on him is pathetic. What an absolute f@@king nonsense. It's a f@@king scooter club, get over it.
I'm not really sure what a lot of people want.
You obviously don't want LCGB, fair enough can't please everyone all the time.
However, you want something more honest, more transparent, more democratic, postal voting systems and no 'passionates'. Again, all very well and good and who wouldn't want that kind of club utopia?
What really is strange, are these people who feel that the LCGB is lacking in honesty, transparency, democracy are flocking to a 'club' who's leader can't even answer a question on how any of these values are built into the organisation?

Also, either the LCGB used/owned the name and were slack or they had nothing to do with it after the original club went into mothballing. You guys need to make up your minds...
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

servetakid wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:05 pm
Gav BLOA wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:28 pm
Can you/him answer the questions put to you/him?

I suggest you read my recent post, i’m not bothered how it is set up in fact the simpler the better as far as I am concerned. If GF makes a few quid out of it all again i’m cool with that. The bottom line for me Is getting value for money and seeing a new small club with new ideas (in comparison to other clubs) becoming successful. As I said I can vote by not renewing my £10 membership. It’s aim is not looking to compete with the LCGB or anyone else as far as I know.
servetakid

Which it's fine if you're happy with that, I thought your reply was totally reasonable.

However, BLOA is either a club with paying membership and should come with all the trappings constitution/AGM/committee.

Or it is a business that offers a service for a subscription fee, with the main aim to turn a profit.

It seems impossible to get a straight answer as to what it is.
Surely being open and honest is the best way to attract the punters.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Rally220 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 pm Never said you can’t have an opinion but you can’t slate LCGB procedures when you aren’t even a member? Let’s be reasonable.
ok that's rasonable but if your not allowed to express an opinion from the outside my god what's it like from the inside!
the man don't give a f@@k
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

rosscla wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:17 pm Surely the if it was necessary to break the association with the heritage and in order to avoid all this nonsense the word 'new' could have been added to the name ...? think New Labour / New BLOA..
like your thinking there
the man don't give a f@@k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information