LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Again if the BLOA name had no ‘owners’ and was free to use why register it with IPO as copyright?
Why not just use it in the spirit you claim?
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Rally220 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:04 pm
GTFOMWSC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:22 pm
servetakid wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:43 pm

:roll:

If you feel that passionately you'd put the effort in. That simple isn't it?

Not one person out of the 6000 strong membership felt so passionately in favour of Gavin and his use of the BLOA name to actually bother turning up and speaking out. Which I think speaks volumes?
I've seen more controversy over the BSM competition, this was unanimous. I've always seen a cross section of opinion, not this time.

What's the mechanism of having a vote in BLOA? All I've seen is the mantra of 'this is a happy ship' repeated over and over again, as people who disagree have been censored.
Are you that stupid!!! put the effort in my f**kin god,no not so f**kin simple i said it before not everyone can afford a jolly to there annual meeting and think about it if everyone went where the f**k would they hold it for 6000 people use your common sense ffs,give them members who can't attend a right to a vote either by post or email simple as that then you'd get a true sense of the members thoughts.Fact not everyone voted,so its only the ones who were there that could. I don't give s**t about who is wrong or who is right tbh and why would i put any effort into LCGB i ain't a friggin member but i have joined the BLOA as i also like what it could be.You say people who disagree have been censored who has been censored and about what?.
Anyone who dares to challenge his point of view or opinion, the comments are removed from the FB page and they get binned off.
What I find particularly distasteful in all this, this is my hobby, its meant to be enjoyable,fun.
Instead someone (Gav F), thinks its appropriate to take the BLOA name, (clearly he must know its history as he's such a wise old sage, 30+ years and all that). Without so much as the courtesy of contacting LCGB that he intends to resurrect this name and form a club, no he just goes off and registers it as a trademark.
I find this vulgar and unethical, how many other clubs have got to go round registering their names to protect them?
My hobby shouldn't have to endure all this legal action, I get enough of all the Courts crap and legalese in work!

As far as I can see the LCGB have no option but to fight the registering of the trademark and I fully support them.
Then you get people popping up saying should have been a full LCGB member vote, email/mail etc etc and they aren't even a member of LCGB!!!!! FFS. I have the confidence in the committee to fully challenge this trademark and stop other people pulling similar stunts in future.
because i choose not to be a member but doesn't stop me having an opinion i've owned these things since the 70's so think i can voice my opinion if i want to.I never wanted to join it back then still don't now,so because i ain't a member i can't say anything then?
the man don't give a f@@k
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Rally220 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:36 pm
Special X150 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:21 pm The thing I don't get is Gavin could have done everything exactly as he has but with one difference. Do the rallies, do the merchandise, create something different to the LCGB etc. Just call the club something different and there are no arguments or disputes. That asks the question why choose BLOA knowing full well the implications? It has me thinking its all about the name rather than all the other things being promoted.
Exactly, I'm firmly of the opinion its all about the name and cashing in on it. Looking at the produce, even the circular lights get a hefty mark up from the ones on eBay for having the BLOA name on them.
Hasn't got the imagination to form a new club with a new name.
Then you look at the banner he's produced, only need one word inserting under the 'Lambretta' and thats another name ripped off. I await the accusation we are all 'crayon eaters' and the BLOA is a 'happy ship' etc etc.zzzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:
it's quite obvious you have a personel grudge against Gavin by your comments from what i see hows he upset you then?
the man don't give a f@@k
Rally220

Never said you can’t have an opinion but you can’t slate LCGB procedures when you aren’t even a member? Let’s be reasonable.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Surely the if it was necessary to break the association with the heritage and in order to avoid all this nonsense the word 'new' could have been added to the name ...? think New Labour / New BLOA..
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Rally220

GTFOMWSC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:05 pm
Rally220 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:36 pm
Special X150 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:21 pm The thing I don't get is Gavin could have done everything exactly as he has but with one difference. Do the rallies, do the merchandise, create something different to the LCGB etc. Just call the club something different and there are no arguments or disputes. That asks the question why choose BLOA knowing full well the implications? It has me thinking its all about the name rather than all the other things being promoted.
Exactly, I'm firmly of the opinion its all about the name and cashing in on it. Looking at the produce, even the circular lights get a hefty mark up from the ones on eBay for having the BLOA name on them.
Hasn't got the imagination to form a new club with a new name.
Then you look at the banner he's produced, only need one word inserting under the 'Lambretta' and thats another name ripped off. I await the accusation we are all 'crayon eaters' and the BLOA is a 'happy ship' etc etc.zzzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:
it's quite obvious you have a personel grudge against Gavin by your comments from what i see hows he upset you then?
Think what you like, I’ve stated my position. Nothing more.
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Rally220- IPO is trademark. NOT copyright. 2 completely different issues. Start listening or you will get a dentention.

Camlab and others have done nothing wrong. They have never bullied other lambretta owners who have tried to make a few quid by selling items. They was sent letters by the LCGB who had no rights to do this. I put a stop to bullying.
Rally220

Trademark/copyright, whatever . You still haven’t answered the question.
Rally220

Camlam not Camlab , detention issued, touché
They were, not was.
shocky

Rally220 wrote:Again if the BLOA name had no ‘owners’ and was free to use why register it with IPO as copyright?
Why not just use it in the spirit you claim?
If he had asked the lcgb would have nipped in a registered them self's Image

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information