LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

servetakid wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:24 pm
Doom Patrol wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:52 pm
servetakid wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:00 pm

Always seem to write a lot without saying very much :roll:
And why is your own conjecture taken as fact? But anything to contrary it's just dismissed... "If people can't see fact from fiction that isn't really our fault, sorry but that's how it is". Lots of talk of 30 years this and 30 years that, from 1978 ya know... Pretty much everyone at the AGM 100% backed the committee and I'd hardly class those people as 'new to the scene'...

Anyway officially your trademark application is opposed, so not really how you are trying to present it.
https://trademarks.ipo.gov.uk/ipo-tmcas ... 0003203938
Is it conjecture? Just seemed like a statement as he understood it. And, it's hardly surprising that all those at the AGM backed it is it? They would be hardcore supporters. Perhaps they should make more of an effort to incorporate some new blood? And of course his application is opposed. That's the LCGB isn't it?
Every argument put forward is just ignored or dismissed as twoddle. I'd class your argument being based upon "It does seem strange that people that was around in 1978 have joined BLOA, 100% behind it.". That to me is a huge amount of twoddle... So why is x person who was around in 1978 opinion more valuable than x persons who was around in 1978 and happens to support the LCGB? And from what I could see at the AGM there are far more of them then the detractors on here, but again that doesn't suit various peoples agenda and is therefore brushed over.

At least we all got to have vote and a say at the AGM, does this new club allow for that?

Also, he is trying to present it as a closed case and that he solely 'owns' the name. He doesn't, the registration is being opposed, so not a closed case.
Wrong ONLY those that were present did get to vote those that didn't or couldn't attend never got the chance to which is in fact the majority of its members.Why no postal or email vote allowed? surely you'd then get a full idea of what the members think or are they still stuck in 1978 with there wheeltappers and shunters type committee way of doing things
the man don't give a f@@k
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

GTFOMWSC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:21 pm
Doom Patrol wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:52 pm

Is it conjecture? Just seemed like a statement as he understood it. And, it's hardly surprising that all those at the AGM backed it is it? They would be hardcore supporters. Perhaps they should make more of an effort to incorporate some new blood? And of course his application is opposed. That's the LCGB isn't it?
Every argument put forward is just ignored or dismissed as twoddle. I'd class your argument being based upon "It does seem strange that people that was around in 1978 have joined BLOA, 100% behind it.". That to me is a huge amount of twoddle... So why is x person who was around in 1978 opinion more valuable than x persons who was around in 1978 and happens to support the LCGB? And from what I could see at the AGM there are far more of them then the detractors on here, but again that doesn't suit various peoples agenda and is therefore brushed over.

At least we all got to have vote and a say at the AGM, does this new club allow for that?

Also, he is trying to present it as a closed case and that he solely 'owns' the name. He doesn't, the registration is being opposed, so not a closed case.
Wrong ONLY those that were present did get to vote those that didn't or couldn't attend never got the chance to which is in fact the majority of its members.Why no postal or email vote allowed? surely you'd then get a full idea of what the members think or are they still stuck in 1978 with there wheeltappers and shunters type committee way of doing things
:roll:

If you feel that passionately you'd put the effort in. That simple isn't it?

Not one person out of the 6000 strong membership felt so passionately in favour of Gavin and his use of the BLOA name to actually bother turning up and speaking out. Which I think speaks volumes?
I've seen more controversy over the BSM competition, this was unanimous. I've always seen a cross section of opinion, not this time.

What's the mechanism of having a vote in BLOA? All I've seen is the mantra of 'this is a happy ship' repeated over and over again, as people who disagree have been censored.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

servetakid wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:43 pm

Not one person out of the 6000 strong membership felt so passionately in favour of Gavin and his use of the BLOA name to actually bother turning up and speaking out. Which I think speaks volumes?
I've seen more controversy over the BSM competition, this was unanimous. I've always seen a cross section of opinion, not this time.

What's the mechanism of having a vote in BLOA? All I've seen is the mantra of 'this is a happy ship' repeated over and over again, as people who disagree have been censored.
Are you that stupid!!! put the effort in my f**kin god,no not so f**kin simple i said it before not everyone can afford a jolly to there annual meeting and think about it if everyone went where the f**k would they hold it for 6000 people use your common sense ffs,give them members who can't attend a right to a vote either by post or email simple as that then you'd get a true sense of the members thoughts.Fact not everyone voted,so its only the ones who were there that could. I don't give s**t about who is wrong or who is right tbh and why would i put any effort into LCGB i ain't a friggin member but i have joined the BLOA as i also like what it could be.You say people who disagree have been censored who has been censored and about what?.
the man don't give a f@@k
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

I'm a member of the LCGB and don't think every issue should be put out to the membership asking them to vote on it. What would be the point of having a committee ?

I can see two sides to the LCGB/BLOA argument and TBH i'm unsure as to what the real facts are. I listen to the LCGB and side with them......then listen to Gavin and side with him :?

It'll be an interesting outcome but i doubt the controversy will stop there.
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

GTFOMWSC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Are you that stupid!!! put the effort in my f**kin god,no not so f**kin simple i said it before not everyone can afford a jolly to there annual meeting and think about it if everyone went where the f**k would they hold it for 6000 people use your common sense ffs,give them members who can't attend a right to a vote either by post or email simple as that then you'd get a true sense of the members thoughts.Fact not everyone voted,so its only the ones who were there that could. I don't give s**t about who is wrong or who is right tbh and why would i put any effort into LCGB i ain't a friggin member but i have joined the BLOA as i also like what it could be.You say people who disagree have been censored who has been censored and about what?.
Anyone who dares to challenge his point of view or opinion, the comments are removed from the FB page and they get binned off.
What I find particularly distasteful in all this, this is my hobby, its meant to be enjoyable,fun.
Instead someone (Gav F), thinks its appropriate to take the BLOA name, (clearly he must know its history as he's such a wise old sage, 30+ years and all that). Without so much as the courtesy of contacting LCGB that he intends to resurrect this name and form a club, no he just goes off and registers it as a trademark.
I find this vulgar and unethical, how many other clubs have got to go round registering their names to protect them?
My hobby shouldn't have to endure all this legal action, I get enough of all the Courts crap and legalese in work!

As far as I can see the LCGB have no option but to fight the registering of the trademark and I fully support them.
Then you get people popping up saying should have been a full LCGB member vote, email/mail etc etc and they aren't even a member of LCGB!!!!! FFS. I have the confidence in the committee to fully challenge this trademark and stop other people pulling similar stunts in future.
Special X150
Main scooter: Lambretta SX150

The thing I don't get is Gavin could have done everything exactly as he has but with one difference. Do the rallies, do the merchandise, create something different to the LCGB etc. Just call the club something different and there are no arguments or disputes. That asks the question why choose BLOA knowing full well the implications? It has me thinking its all about the name rather than all the other things being promoted.
servetakid
Main scooter: Jet 200

GTFOMWSC wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:22 pm

Classy reply.

There is no capacity cap nor are paid tickets required.

The fact is a physical meeting and a real life vote means that only the most passionate will go to speak. Yet no one felt passionate enough to go and defend poor old Gavin. Seems to be it's just same old keyboard warriors with an axe to grind...

If you don't 'give a s**t', why are you so angry?

If a genuinely new name had been chosen, i might have considered joining. Gavin could have chosen British Lambretta Oldtimers Club (or anything really?).
Rally220
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 TS1 240

Special X150 wrote: Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:21 pm The thing I don't get is Gavin could have done everything exactly as he has but with one difference. Do the rallies, do the merchandise, create something different to the LCGB etc. Just call the club something different and there are no arguments or disputes. That asks the question why choose BLOA knowing full well the implications? It has me thinking its all about the name rather than all the other things being promoted.
Exactly, I'm firmly of the opinion its all about the name and cashing in on it. Looking at the produce, even the circular lights get a hefty mark up from the ones on eBay for having the BLOA name on them.
Hasn't got the imagination to form a new club with a new name.
Then you look at the banner he's produced, only need one word inserting under the 'Lambretta' and thats another name ripped off. I await the accusation we are all 'crayon eaters' and the BLOA is a 'happy ship' etc etc.zzzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:
Gav BLOA
Main scooter: lambretta

Interesting replies, rally 200- cashing in on what exactly? I have put a few thousand in to makeing this club and had very little return. If you actualy knew about your hobby you would know the leg shield banner you speak about is an international BLOA one. For the others, The fact that nasty comments are binned on the bloa page is that there are a lot of members on the page who are not interested in negative comments. They are paid members and you should respect this. They don't go onto your page and slag you off. I choose the name because it fits in with the style of rallies we are going to do.Which are totally unique to any other. LCGB do not own that name, never has. Regardless of what you may think. Never has been any official paperwork been seen or handed over. Key words in that last bit....You can rant and rave as much as you like but do it on here or on any other page/site/street etc. BLOA members are not bothered. As for the IPO, the 2 most important issues have been cancelled by the IPO, trademark and copyright. Have a think about that for a minute. The sign on eBay is not over priced, I've put a £20 mark up to cover the website. This actual sign he was told by the LCGB along with other small cottage like business he could not sell, many other small business run by lambretta owners was also told and sent letters that they could sell lambretta related items. I have put a stop to that bullying and told them to carry on and make items for bloa as well. I unite and help lambretta owners, not put a barrier up. This is also my hobby, not a business and I doubt if any money will ever be made, for all of you materialistic people. You do what makes you happy and I'll do what makes me happy. 🤠
Donnie
Main scooter: Lambretta Eibar Series 2

Again though, have you reported CamLam and others with BLOA merchandise or just the LCGB on ebay?
Donnie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information