LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Scooterdude wrote:When is the court date?
I can’t imagine there is one.

I’d have to believe the LCGB are forced to wait for the outcome of the IPO ruling. If it goes in their favour, they have a stronger footing to proceed. If it goes in Gavin’s favour, the LCGB will struggle in court.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

bsso78 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:53 pm Man comes home from the pub with a duck under his arm and says this is the pig I’ve been shagging. His wife says that’s not a pig it’s a duck.
Man says I’m not talking to you.
More interesting AND funnier than shopping moped politics. Ffs.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Nic wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:51 pm
Nic wrote:As for financial gain, if Kev Walsh's admission to hundreds of people at the AGM that he has had private discussions with Gavin Frankland about Gavin "selling" us back the BLOA name are true, then there's your proof. Anyone who was mug enough to believe that this was somehow a disinterested gesture on Gavin's part, aimed at resurrecting a historic name, well, you've been taken for a ride. If the price is right - for Gavin Frankland - he'll happily ditch you just as easily as he roped you in.

Who approached who?

Perhaps Kev didn’t relish in the prospect of the club spending £thousands and washing its dirty linen in public...and tried to persuade Gavin to part with the name for a fee which would be a lot less than the prospective legal fees, but a sufficient amount to allow Gavin to recover his costs/expenditure to date??

Now IF that was the case...your accusations don’t really seem fair do they.
1) What dirty linen? I don't understand the point you are making here.

2) No-one relishes the cost of the club paying thousands of pounds to lawyers. I'd rather it was spent, as the LCGB generally does, to promote active on-the-road scootering. I'm also in favour of holding conversations with Gavin Frankland - subject to this being with the prior knowledge and approval of the LCGB itself.

3) What costs has Gavin Frankland incurred? I refer you here: https://www.gov.uk/how-to-register-a-trade-mark/apply. We are talking a few hundred pounds. If that's all he wants to hand back what is not morally his, he should say so publicly.

But I also have to ask: separate from a few quid, which is neither here or there, should he be rewarded for taking something that he should have known was not his to take?
I think you missed the point. Let me explain...

You were suggesting HE was hawking the brand around, trying to sell it back to the LCGB via Kev Walsh, in order to thenpaint the man black.

I was simply posing the question... who approached who? And surmising that the sale/purchase may in fact have been and idea instigated by Kev, and actually of no interest to Gav?

As for costs/reward...I’ve no idea what his costs are/were...and couldn’t give a toss either. But it looks like you’d rather spend (for example) £10k in legals than £1k in purchase fees, for fear the ‘purchase’ may be rewarding to someone you see as dishonourable...
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:55 pm
Scooterdude wrote:When is the court date?
I can’t imagine there is one.

I’d have to believe the LCGB are forced to wait for the outcome of the IPO ruling. If it goes in their favour, they have a stronger footing to proceed. If it goes in Gavin’s favour, the LCGB will struggle in court.
The IPO part is where i also see this as being a bit of an issue for the LCGB but if they can show recent use before it was purchased by another party then they have case or like you say they'll struggle in court
the man don't give a f@@k
Sach
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

bsso78 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:53 pm Man comes home from the pub with a duck under his arm and says this is the pig I’ve been shagging. His wife says that’s not a pig it’s a duck.
Did the duck go to the AGM?
Sach
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:03 pm
Nic wrote:
drunkmunkey6969 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Who approached who?

Perhaps Kev didn’t relish in the prospect of the club spending £thousands and washing its dirty linen in public...and tried to persuade Gavin to part with the name for a fee which would be a lot less than the prospective legal fees, but a sufficient amount to allow Gavin to recover his costs/expenditure to date??

Now IF that was the case...your accusations don’t really seem fair do they.
1) What dirty linen? I don't understand the point you are making here.

2) No-one relishes the cost of the club paying thousands of pounds to lawyers. I'd rather it was spent, as the LCGB generally does, to promote active on-the-road scootering. I'm also in favour of holding conversations with Gavin Frankland - subject to this being with the prior knowledge and approval of the LCGB itself.

3) What costs has Gavin Frankland incurred? I refer you here: https://www.gov.uk/how-to-register-a-trade-mark/apply. We are talking a few hundred pounds. If that's all he wants to hand back what is not morally his, he should say so publicly.

But I also have to ask: separate from a few quid, which is neither here or there, should he be rewarded for taking something that he should have known was not his to take?
As for costs/reward...I’ve no idea what his costs are/were...and couldn’t give a toss either. But it looks like you’d rather spend (for example) £10k in legals than £1k in purchase fees, for fear the ‘purchase’ may be rewarding to someone you see as dishonourable...
If and only if that was the case,would be a much more sensible way to go about it.
bsso78

Sach wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:34 pm
Did the duck go to the AGM?
Duck knows
bsso78

How do you make a duck sing soul music?

Put him in a microwave until his Bill Withers
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Listen guys this is quite a serious and interesting post, if your not interested then go and play elsewhere...thank you.
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

It's probably interesting because no-ones sure of the facts and it's speculation driving the interest.

Seems very popular with people who aren't members of the LCGB ?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information