North Coast 500.

National, regional, local...if you have a scooter and want to rally, ride or meet up, post it here!
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Thinking of doing this sometime this summer possibly early June anybody else done it? And how was it? Any good?
For me it’s going to be a 1440 odd mile trip so need to get things sorted well in advance.
cgt75b
Main scooter: lambretta

Hi pal
I would like to give it a bash me self. Have you joined the 2018 Facebook page? I think that would be a good place to start.
Scooterdude

Yes I’ve had a look at that but the official scooter run is August bank holiday, when I plan to do either the isle of white or Brighton.

I’m guessing accommodation could be a problem with the official job as they have over 200 already, my intention was to keep it low key with just a few mates early June, nothing stopping a few others tagging along with us though.
Shaunbond

Yes two of us did the vast majority of it in June 17. Two scooters, round trip was about 1300miles or so. We did it anti clockwise which seems to be preferred, the only major but we didn't do was returning from the west coast back to Inverness. Instead we went to Skye over the bridge and off via ferry continuing down the coast onto and off Arran. We did it over 5 days which is a bit of a push really, if you want to spend any time in some if the amazing places.

I'd wholly recommend it, some great roads and scenery. We wild camped one night and B&B'd the other 3, accommodation varies hugely in quality and cost. We paid between 40 and 70 per night for a twin room, Dornoch, Ullapool and Ayr.

If you get a copy of the latest VMSC magazine the write up is in there.

Cheers Shaun
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
Shaunbond

Bear in mind once you're on the west coast a lot of the roads are single track, plenty of passing places, therefore progress is somewhat slower. 250 miles in a day is good going.
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
Scooterdude

Great information Shaun thanks for that.
a.j

I did it in 2016. It was really good.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information