Casa ssr265

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

They'll only sell a fraction of the amount of these engines compared to new cars sold that do 200mph, many costing 100 times more, so money clearly isn't the issue. Most of us don't ride Lambrettas because it's all we can afford. As to being unrideable at town speeds then that's not the case either much like it's no longer the case with a Ferrari. What would stop me from buying one is the fact, as already mentioned, that it's probably more power than a Lambretta chassis can cope with safely on our roads. I've always loved the Adrenalin rush from speed but I've also always felt like the Lambretta was out of control at anything over 70 mph and that I was just holding on. It's not the speed, it's the ability of the chassis to cope with the speed. 90 on a Lambretta must feel like 190 on a Superbike. Yes maybe I shouldn't twist the throttle so much but then what would be the point. For racing or sprinting, yes, but for the road, no.

Now where'd I put that Quattrini kit.
Sach

It’s not going to stop a lot of people. What actually can a Lambretta frame take? I’m sure these guys have done their homework though. Over the years a lot of us have spent that kind of money on our motors and now you have a complete engine designed to produce this level of performance rather than squeezing it out of a motor that was originally for about 10hp. To go round a racetrack faster than all the other scooters on track and still be used for touring without changing spec is pretty impressive,that was never going to be a similar cost to building a motor on existing kits. I’d love one but don’t have the spare cash. Fair play to those who have already ordered one...enjoy and.... gis a go please.
Last edited by Sach on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Personally i get pleasure from the building of the motor and entire scooter. To buy a ready built motor doesn't do it for me.

If I want to go fast on a good handling chassis I get on my triumph, which stands me £6000; about £2000 LESS than my last lambretta cost me to build and it was nothing special, just a nice lambretta.

Like corrado says, 140mph is no problem on that and feels a lot safer than 70 on a lambretta!

But as has been said time and time again, each to their own.
Sach

hendy wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:10 pm Personally i get pleasure from the building of the motor and entire scooter. To buy a ready built motor doesn't do it for me.

If I want to go fast on a good handling chassis I get on my triumph, which stands me £6000; about £2000 LESS than my last lambretta cost me to build and it was nothing special, just a nice lambretta.

Like corrado says, 140mph is no problem on that and feels a lot safer than 70 on a lambretta!

But as has been said time and time again, each to their own.
I’m pretty sure you can buy it in kit form so can build yourself too.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

yes you can if you read about that they knock £250 off the price lollollol
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

I would love one but can’t afford it. if I am ever in a position to buy I am having one
Sach

garry inglis wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:35 pm yes you can if you read about that they knock £250 off the price lollollol
There’s your petrol money then for the 1st rally on it.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

I would expect £1500 off at least if I was building it myself not £250 at over 8000 you might as Well just let them build it what's 250 on 8000 PLUS if you watch the latest vid they say the two lads are building them in 4 hours each
Sach

Maybe because there is no fettling for parts to fit. It all goes together perfect I guess. You imagine busting something while building it then the Mrs coming in the garage to moan about something,your be in court on a GBH charge!
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

garry inglis wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:32 pm I would expect £1500 off at least if I was building it myself not £250 at over 8000 you might as Well just let them build it what's 250 on 8000 PLUS if you watch the latest vid they say the two lads are building them in 4 hours each
Yes interesting that 4 hours labour on engine builds , about 10 hours + for a uk dealer tuner isn't it ? :lol:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information