LCGB - BLOA - Concessionaires......confusion

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
Arcadia

Searching Google today for 'Lambretta Concessionaires' to try and find the new book I've seen advertised, and stumbled across this instead: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/comp ... 9/officers

There was a thing in Scootering last month which said the same guy owns Supertune as well. What's going on there then?

I also saw today in my copy of JetSet that LCGB are pursuing legal proceedings against the Frankland guy who owns BLOA now. They also printed their accounts and it said they had spent about seven grand on legal fees, which sounds like a massive waste of membership money.

Can anyone decipher whats going on? :? :? :?
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Your last paragraph is true apparently. LCGB didn’t bother to call BLOA to discuss this, again that’s what i’ve been told. I have no involvement apart from being a member of BLOA. And yes a lot of money wasted again on solicitors :roll:
eden
Dealer

They like paying solicitors with the members money with out asking if the members want them to.
Glad I'm no longer a member!
I have nothing against the LCGB as an organisation, in fact I'm quite passionate about it but being a member while the current people are in charge just isn't something I want to entertain.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

As far as I can make out The LCGB came to a sort of agreement with the BLOA historically. Basically they took on all their commitments as a club and sort of swallowed it up. The problem seems to be that the LCGB didn't enforce their legal rights with the result that the name BLOA could be bought up. Although, the LCGB now claim that they still own it. But it's difficult to see how if it was bought fair and square.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Surely your better posting this on the LCGB website forum.
So that it can be discussed by MEMBERS.
Also to give people who alledgedley agreed to spend the money to explain why and their reasoning for doing so.
Any posts about the LCGB on this website soon result in people critiscising the LCGB.
Members of the LCGB then react badly.
Im not a memeber of the LCGB so do not comment on what they do or dont do.
MaDMAn

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:55 pm Surely your better posting this on the LCGB website forum.
So that it can be discussed by MEMBERS.
I think people are free to discuss whatever they want, wherever they want. The fact is, you probably can't discuss stuff like this on the LCGB site, they moderate everything they don't like so if the wrong questions get asked it gets locked down.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

I also agree people can discuss what they like whenever and wherever they like.
My point is that as soon as a thread appears about the lcgb it degenerates into lets bash the lcgb. Usually by non members. Which causes bad feelings. Lcgb members then come on to defend themselves creating more ill feeling.
I dont care personally what anybodys says or writes about anything.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

The lcgb membership voted for who should be their representatives. These representatives then maje decisions behalf of the entire club, so the membership did vote for them to spend money on legal fees albeit indirectly.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I think people are free to discuss whatever they want, wherever they want. The fact is, you probably can't discuss stuff like this on the LCGB site, they moderate everything they don't like so if the wrong questions get asked it gets locked down.

The only way that you can know this is,if you are a member and you write something they dont like.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

HxPaul wrote:The only way that you can know this is,if you are a member and you write something they dont like.
Unless word just got around ImageImage

See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information