Nordlock washers

General scooter chat, any scooter related non technical info.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

In your possition I would just use,a flat washer,a spring washer and some loctite on the thread of the stud and fit the nut.Or if a flat washer wont fit into the recess of the wheel,just a spring washer.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

HxPaul wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:23 am In your possition I would just use,a flat washer,a spring washer and some loctite on the thread of the stud and fit the nut.Or if a flat washer wont fit into the recess of the wheel,just a spring washer.
yes have thought of that i've emailed Nordlock themselves but had no reply
the man don't give a f@@k
GTFOMWSC

diesel wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:32 pm Ramped sides facing each other and ribbed sides against the nut and the surface material. If you’re not going to use them properly you shouldn’t use them at all. You can reuse them.
I do know how to use i'm not an idiot! i just need to find out why the wheel has come off by actually following the correct procedure and if they are supposed to be put in a definative way.If they're not then there is another reason and it's not the washers but i need to check hence my asking this particular question.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

You can use them either way up. You only need to make sure that you have the correct faces in contact with each other, that there is sufficient force applied to them and that there are no other items (Extra washer for example) making them useless.

The point someone made about the nut bottoming out is a good one.
GTFOMWSC

hendy wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:26 pm You can use them either way up. You only need to make sure that you have the correct faces in contact with each other, that there is sufficient force applied to them and that there are no other items (Extra washer for example) making them useless.

The point someone made about the nut bottoming out is a good one.
yes agree using the supplied nuts with the wheel and there is no chance of it bottoming out far from reaching the end.Interesting though just taken it for test of 4 miles and checked them and they're are tight still, now i have put all washers with the nordlock logo facing upwards as per their site diagrams not as they were when it came loose.I'm just about to take it for another run this time it will be 12 miles i'll check half way though.
diesel
Playstation gamer tag: speilekorps
Main scooter: lambretta li 150 s1 1958

GTFOMWSC wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 pm [
I do know how to use i'm not an idiot!

The fault is entirely mine. I misread what you were going to do ,my apologies
GTFOMWSC

diesel wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:49 pm
GTFOMWSC wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:19 pm [
I do know how to use i'm not an idiot!

The fault is entirely mine. I misread what you were going to do ,my apologies
absolutely no problem,upshot after 2 test rides are that the wheel has stayed tight 25 miles covered and tight as it should be.Don't know what to read on this as this time i made sure the logo on each was on the outside which was different when it came loose.Maybe i was just unlucky and there is no fixed way but i will be doing it this way from now on just in case.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

There is DEFINITELY no fixed way. 100% sure.
shocky

I've never had any come Loose on any of my 3 scooters or any I've fittex them too on my vespas I replace the existing hub studs with 12.9 tensile dome allen capped bolts threadlocked in
I also never use the long nuts supplied (altho I do on other people's scooters if they wish)
Preferring to use knuts

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
GTFOMWSC

shocky wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:23 pm I've never had any come Loose on any of my 3 scooters or any I've fittex them too on my vespas I replace the existing hub studs with 12.9 tensile dome allen capped bolts threadlocked in
I also never use the long nuts supplied (altho I do on other people's scooters if they wish)
Preferring to use knuts

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
got there and back from Warmwell a 350 mile round trip but must admit i stopped 3 times in the first 40 miles checking but all was good so just went with it.I don't like the long nuts either was looking at those knuts but didn't know if they were good to use.Irony was i went out yesterday on one of my other scoots and that has nordlocks on but with split rims and never even thought twice about it,i'm afraid paranoia gets to you when it happens my mate Pat had his wheel come off and it took him ages before he stopped getting worried.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information