Air leak.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
ove

Hello found a air leak from exhaust stub it's only a small pin hole where it's not welded fully. Question is would some JB weld do the job and hold given that the temperature would be very high? Or would you recommend something other method i.e. Get somebody to weld it correctly?
Oh it's a Franspeed stub.

Cheers ove
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

hungdog

Yep JB weld will do that , had it in my transfers on p2 casing for last 9 years still as go as new.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

i would get the area clean and use a bit of exhaust putty, it will withstand the high temperatures of an exhaust manifold.
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

If it's a stub and slip joint I have never found these to be worth worrying about. The slip in joint is not air tight but I would normally fill the joint with silicon. Stub to barrel yes. Or am I missing something
ove

Cheers for all the replies.
coaster

I found a leaky weld on my new BGM stub whilst doing a leak down test. I managed to seal it by re-welding (took me 3 attempts).

JB weld will be useless on the exhaust as it is outside its heat range and I wouldn't personally trust silicon or exhaust putty for any kind of permanent repair.

That said, if it is a tiny leak then it probably won't make any difference providing you get the jetting set up properly.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information