GP headlight glass options

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Snails

The arm of my current headlight has snapped off and become lost so I'm looking for a replacement (unless anyone has some bright ideas as how to repair it!)

Looking at the Casa ones via MB vs the Scooter Restorations item there is a quite large price difference

Any reason why not to go for the SR one?

I'm not too bothered about it being an exact copy of the original as long as it works and stays together.

https://www.lambrettaspares.com/spares/ ... l1583.html

http://www.scooterrestorations.com/lamb ... thout-rim/
shocky

Maybe consider the scootopia one ?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

You mean the little locating pin? I'd go for a remade Scootopia headlight every time. Top quality. Or, if you're particularly masochistic pay more for the Casa version.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

I’ve gone for the Scooptopia version myself. It’s a very good item. Fits a treat and excellent quality.
Snails

Thanks I think I will to. Hopefully the rear light unit is as good to as I need one of them also.
essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

Snails wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 pm Thanks I think I will to. Hopefully the rear light unit is as good to as I need one of them also.
I bought a rear light from them recently and found once you put the rubber gasket on it the fixing screws don't reach, had to take them off my old one to get it to fit

Ive also now bought two steering locks (second one to replace the first one) both of them now refuse to accept the keys :shock:

I think scootopia bits are somewhat overated
chippy

essexgp wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm
Snails wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:21 pm Thanks I think I will to. Hopefully the rear light unit is as good to as I need one of them also.
I bought a rear light from them recently and found once you put the rubber gasket on it the fixing screws don't reach, had to take them off my old one to get it to fit

Ive also now bought two steering locks (second one to replace the first one) both of them now refuse to accept the keys :shock:

I think scootopia bits are somewhat overated
I have got a fair few different scootopia bits and most are decent but do agree not everything is. Got a sx horncasting grille and finish was poor which was as well as it didn't fit anything like the original which I buggered up.
jason frost
Dealer

essexgp wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:46 pm
If your fitting it with a rubber you need to use the later rubber mounted T nuts
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information