LCGB vs BLA

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MaDMAn

Just looking to register my Lambretta and have always used the LCGB service, as a non-member you pay £21 (if paying by PayPal) or as an LCGB member you pay £11.

But I have just seen online that British Lambretta Archives only charges £7 for what appears to be the same thing: http://www.britishlambrettaarchive.co.u ... 765-1.html

Am i being naive, is this the same thing and just cheaper, or are they different things? (don't want to send the wrong auth letter to DVLA) :?
GeorgeS
Main scooter: 1961 Series II Granturismo 240

It's the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

essexgp
Main scooter: Indian Gp200 Indian Gp Cutdown

BLA, that's who I used for mine, good service and no problems with the DVLA
Timbo
Main scooter: SX200 and GP230 RT

Pete Davies of BLA....top man....
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

essexgp wrote:BLA, that's who I used for mine, good service and no problems with the DVLA
When I was importing scooters at Scooterotica I used Pete at BLA repeatedly, saved me a fortune, the service was fuss-free and rapid. Top bloke.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Shaunbond

You could consider the VMSC.
£7.50 if you're a member but only £25 for a full years subscription and a dating certificate.
Serial scooter rider...
VMSC Committed to Scootering for 25 years
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

Pete would get my vote. Looks after all my dating needs. Seems to me there is a bit of misinformation out there concerning dating certificates. I've heard it said that the DVLA only accept certificates from the club. But that's just nonsense, in my own experience.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

Doom Patrol wrote:Seems to me there is a bit of misinformation out there concerning dating certificates. I've heard it said that the DVLA only accept certificates from the club. But that's just nonsense, in my own experience.
Never heard that myself, but anyone can check the DVLA website to see Pete is listed as one of the recognised providers of authentication certificates. I registered dozens of scooters using the certificates I got from Pete...never had a glitch or issue, great service and at £7 it's well priced too. No additional 'membership fees' required which keeps it simple, effective and cheap! Image
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Daggs

There was an issue with dating certs. and suppliers had to do some re-wording as DVLA started rejecting them.
There is still one issue, in that DVLA won't accept a dating cert. over a year old.
All of this applies to all suppliers.

P.S. Pete Davies gets my vote.
MaDMAn

GeorgeS wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:18 pm It's the same thing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

OK thanks. I also just seen that BLA do NOVA for £20 or a full registration service for a £80 fee, think I'll use them for the full monty.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information