Quattrini M1XL

Anything related to Vespas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fabbian von minky
Main scooter: vespa

Hello
Building a M1XL from scratch have couple questions.
Casings to weld or not to weld have matched casings but have left myself couple MM leeway to gascet so not gone to mental with the dremel, anyone running this kit without welding the casing(will be running full circle crank).

Second question purchased a pinasco 1400grm flywheel to run with it have Zeus CDi and need to get a stator for it , any recomends make wise or should I go for a kit Parma Vespatronic ? Has anyone a before after experience with the Vespatronic type kits much gain etc worth the money ??
Cheers
Boreham
Main scooter: GP225

I had a similar dilema on the flywheel and made a few expensive mistakes, basically the larger transfers on the barrell effectively 'bulge' out which means many of the traditional flywheels (inc HP4) do not fit, they foul the transfer when fitted.
The Vespatronic does clear with room to spare, i suspect the Pinasco flywheel will be fine as all based on the same Miranelli system
Suggest dry building to ensure the clearance, re the stator again all based on the same components, as for performance, it does help with the extra advance at lower revs.
The one downside with all these kits is the p155 poor output! Do not expect any lights or horn at tickover, the claimed output of 90 watts is somewhat optimistic!
Muttley McLadd

I've got a Malossi one. Lights work at tickover really well.
It's a bit too light with the (easily smashed) plastic flywheel on it. Way better with an aluminium one.
CakeAndArseParty
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

Muttley McLadd wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:52 pm I've got a Malossi one. Lights work at tickover really well.
It's a bit too light with the (easily smashed) plastic flywheel on it. Way better with an aluminium one.
Do they make weights for the Malossi?
Muttley McLadd

I believe they do. But, with one of these on:

Mine goes alright.
CakeAndArseParty
Ginch
Main scooter: Vespa 150 Super

Nice!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information